[bug][Chrome] Cannot type address when composing Hotmail msg

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Arcademus

[bug][Chrome] Cannot type address when composing Hotmail msg

Post by Arcademus »

GC: 14.0.814.0 (Dev)
ABP: 1.1.3.672

With "Adblock Plus for Google Chrome (Beta)" installed, the user cannot enter an address in the "To:" field when composing a Hotmail message.

Verified using a "clean" (with ABP installed) profile. Cannot be replicated using Chrome 13 (Beta).
cwr64

Re: [bug][Chrome] Cannot type address when composing Hotmail msg

Post by cwr64 »

9/20/2012

I also cannot type into the email address field of new hotmail I am trying to create.
Clearing cache and restarting Chrome does not help.

Win7 64bit Home Premium
Adblock Plus for Google Chrome™ (Beta) - Version: 1.1.4
Chrome 14.0.835.163 m

Works fine in current IE and current Firefox.
If I turn off ABP for the Hotmail page, the problem goes away.
ttjoseph

Post by ttjoseph »

Which filter lists do you have enabled? Often this type of problem is due to a specific filter rule.
cwr64

Post by cwr64 »

EasyList by Michael, Ares2, Erunno, Khrin, MonztA Last updated at 18:27:42 on Monday, September 19, 2011
and
Recommended filters for Google Chrome Last updated at 02:43:54 today

Problem persists even now.
CapeMaySande

Post by CapeMaySande »

I am having the same issue.

I have use the Adblock Plus extension since it was launched and have had the same Hotmail account for years with no issues. Went to type a email last Friday and am not able to type a address in the field. The cursor just sits there. I have attempted everything suggested on the Chrome forum and just read where someone posted to disable Adblock Plus and that work. So I came here for help.

Never having had a issue with this extension or Hotmail this seems to have started with the update with Chrome, so I also posted it on the Chrome help forum. I'd rather not have to disable the extension every time I want to use Hotmail and I use it often.

Is there a fix for this in the works or is this something that Chrome needs to address?

Chrome Version 14.0.835.163
Windows XP
zagood

Post by zagood »

I'm experiencing the same problems.

Chrome version: 14.0.835.186
Win 7 x64
mrpcpete

Post by mrpcpete »

Yes, I have this problem too.. driving me crazy.

The work around for me is to type the email address into the subject field or content section, then cut and paste the address into the TO field.

Any suggestions?

Chrome 14.0.835.186
Windows 7 Premium Home 64-bit
CapeMaySande

Post by CapeMaySande »

I also posted this on the Chrome forum and there suggestion for a temp fix is to put: live. com in the whitelist on your extensions.

Only problem with that....your now back to having adds on your Hotmail until somebody here on Adblock comes up with a real fix.

Go to Tools. Extensions. Adblock Plus.Options. Whitelisted Domains.
Then add in the url of live.com and I added in msn.com and now am able to type in the email address in Hotmail.

This is better than not being able to use it but hopefully a fix comes along soon.