Suggestion - Better unblock elements feature

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
DogeKnight

Suggestion - Better unblock elements feature

Post by DogeKnight »

It's currently pretty tiring to unblock elements. Whenever I want to unblock an element, I need to go to settings and look for the correct element which is pretty annoying and time consuming. I suggest adding at least one of two options:
1. A button on the main UI frame (the one you see when you click the extension icon) that says something like 'Blocked Elements' and when clicked, a list of the blocked elements will show with an option to filter by; current website, recent, etc. and of course, an option to delete elements.
2. Whenever you block a new element, it will show a small frame on the bottom that says 'Blocked element' or something like that and it will have an undo button that will allow users to easily undo accidental or incorrect blocking of an element.
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: Suggestion - Better unblock elements feature

Post by greiner »

We're currently working on a change along those lines for a future update (see ui#758). The plan is to add an "edit" button next to the "Block element" button in the icon popup, which shows a list of all the custom rules that apply to the current page, and provides a way to en-/disable them individually.

Feel free to have a look at the proposed design and specification linked in that issue for further details and let us know what you think about it.