Adblock Plus for Chrome unable to block video adverts

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
lewisje

Re: Adblock Plus for Chrome unable to block video adverts

Post by lewisje »

devoted AdBlock fan wrote:Found it! Works awesome!!!! No more youtube ads so far...
Thx for hands up!
The answer had already been given earlier in the thread, but it wasn't obvious...I hope this newfangled WebRequest API remains set for inclusion in Chrome 17; last time I checked it was, but the status of the bug hadn't been updated since the 11th, and it might still get bumped to Chrome 18 :(
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
link dead?

Post by link dead? »

getting 404 Not Found for wr-abp file?
Ares2

Post by Ares2 »

No 404 for me, I used the link from here: en/development-builds#installation
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Yes, you should obviously install the experimental build from en/development-builds#installation and not some ancient experiment.
j>

Post by j> »

Hi,

Gametrailers.com has in-vid ads as well...and the chrome version of APB doesn't seem able to block them.

J.
mapx

Post by mapx »

j> wrote:Hi,

Gametrailers.com has in-vid ads as well...and the chrome version of APB doesn't seem able to block them.

J.
did you try the experimental build of ABP ?
thadolphin

Post by thadolphin »

Have same problem with chat site like stickam, the video adds are still loading, can this be dealt with too?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

thadolphin wrote:Have same problem with chat site like stickam, the video adds are still loading, can this be dealt with too?
Have you tried the experimental build? Video-chat sites use the same plugin technology that most video-sharing sites use (Flash), and precisely the same issues arise with object subrequests.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
simsim2011

Post by simsim2011 »

There are publicities not only on Youtube, but too in Wat.tv, Dailymotion... These spots are very painfuls.
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

Just to confirm for others, the adblock plus developer build does not block 4OD adverts for UK users.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Skanza wrote:Just to confirm for others, the adblock plus developer build does not block 4OD adverts for UK users.
did you read this:

forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9399

?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Indeed, the truth is that the 4OD player won't even work unless the video ads are allowed through, so the major lists have whitelisted the relevant URL, under the principle that it's better to let the ad through if blocking it keeps the typical "set it and forget it" user from seeing the content; in short, most ABP subscription authors don't want to break the Web.
Bollocks

Post by Bollocks »

Is there a way to block other site's AdSense banners that pop up every few minutes in various flash players, such as on Veetle?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Bollocks wrote:Is there a way to block other site's AdSense banners that pop up every few minutes in various flash players, such as on Veetle?
same way as always...inspect the network traffic to determine what URLs are being accessed, then develop blocking rules to block them

unfortunately, the "Easy create filter" UI does not work inside plugin content
Dycell

Post by Dycell »

mapx wrote:
j> wrote:Hi,

J.
did you try the experimental build of ABP ?
The experimental build works perfect. Also on Gametrailers.