Textareas broken w/ crashes in Chrome 14/15 dev

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
rgthree

Textareas broken w/ crashes in Chrome 14/15 dev

Post by rgthree »

Using Chrome Dev, textareas are extremely buggy and most occasionally crash. Tracked it down to Adblock Plus for Google Chrome. Couldn't find this reported in the forums.

In textareas, hitting "Enter" for a new line occasionally moves the cursor down to a new line, but always seems to make the textarea lose focus. Further, hitting "delete" does not do anything, and behaves as if it was a dead key (backspace works fine). More often than not, the page will crash completely when using these two keys.

With some googling, I found this semi-related issue http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=81244 which allowed me to see that disabling ABP for the page, fixes textareas completely. Thank God, now I can have line breaks again!
ttjoseph

Re: Textareas broken w/ crashes in Chrome 14/15 dev

Post by ttjoseph »

Dev versions of Chrome often have weird bugs or interactions with ABP. If such a bug persists into a stable release it would be more worth looking into. FWIW I haven't noticed this myself - doesn't mean I don't believe you, just that I must be doing something differently.
marcell

Post by marcell »

I also have this bug on Chrome 14.0.835.109 beta-m running on Windows.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Also seems related to forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8199

I've switched to Adblock until this issue is fixed
Jethro

Post by Jethro »

The BEST thing to do is to just switch to regular AdBlock on Chrome as ttjoseph mentioned, it definitely fixed my problem!!!!!!!!!!!!