[BUG REPORT] Adb isn't blocking sequential repeated elements

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
AdBlockUser2021

[BUG REPORT] Adb isn't blocking sequential repeated elements

Post by AdBlockUser2021 »

The situation:
  • I used the filter below to block elements from a list on a shopping site:

Code: Select all

<address>#?#li:-abp-has(> div > div > div.ui-search-result__content-wrapper > div.ui-search-result__content-columns:-abp-contains(Internacional))
  • In place of "<address>", obviously, I put the address. I will not put the address here so as not to spam the forum.
The bug:

The filter works perfectly to block specific products, but I noticed that when products (elements) are repeated (the new element is perfectly the same as the previous one, there are no differences), AdBlock Plus fails to block the next repeated elements.

It is important to say that the page is already loaded when the new elements are not blocked. They do not appear "on demand". But the first element of the repeated set is blocked! The other elements (repeated) after it, no!

This topic

I would like to create this topic in the "Bug Reports" forum, but the topic is locked to me, so I am writing here. I hope someone sees. Thanks!
greiner
ABP Developer

Re: [BUG REPORT] Adb isn't blocking sequential repeated elements

Post by greiner »

Thanks for reporting that problem and for trying to avoid spam. Don't worry about sharing a link to an example page though or the relevant HTML code, because that usually makes understanding and reproducing the issue a bit easier.

Regarding where to best report such problems, feel free to use the built-in issue reporter feature by clicking on the "Report an issue on this page" button in the extension's icon popup. In this particular case, you could also report it directly to us in GitLab. That's where the development of Adblock Plus takes place. If you're unsure about which project is the right one, you can create a new issue in adblockplusui and we'll handle it from there. If you need any help with that, just let me know.