First Character Dropped

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Sean

Re: First Character Dropped

Post by Sean »

I've bailed and switched to the Adblock extension as at least it's frequently updated (and does not have this text entry issue!). I've not seen a post from any Adblock Plus developer here in quite some time.
Ademos

Post by Ademos »

I started experiencing the aforementioned issue today, on multi-line text-fields.

The problem started to occur after I installed the latest update to Google Chrome stable. (version 14.0.835.163)

If I disable AdBlock Plus for Google Chrome, the problem disapears.

I tried installing the latest development version of Adblock Plus for Google Chrome, but the problem persisted.

This is the first time I have experienced any bugs with Wladimir's Adblock Plus extensions.
Alundra

Post by Alundra »

I encountered this too, and for reference here are the symptoms I had:

1. First letter typed in any text box is not actually entered into the text box....especially if I'm holding shift down when I start typing.

2. If I try to enter more than once my text box is unselected.

3. After reselecting it sometimes unselects randomly.

I fixed the problem by disabling and re-enabling ABP :).
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Post by Guest »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Sounds like this Chrome issue: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=68705
Then why does it not occur when Adblock Plus is disabled, or when using the other Adblock extension?
Wladimir Palant

Because it happens when particular CSS selectors (in case of Adblock Plus element hiding rules) are active.
Wladimir Palant

I could confirm that this Chrome bug is now affecting other pages as well, see forum/viewtopic.php?p=50625#p50625.