EasyPrivacy won't work in Chrome, is there a solution?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
SamWin

EasyPrivacy won't work in Chrome, is there a solution?

Post by SamWin »

I tried adding the EasyPrivacy list to Google Chrome via the "Subscribe to a Firefox Adblock Plus filter list:" heading that appears at the bottom of the extensions tab in Chrome.

Unfortunately, adding lists via this method is useless as they never work. I'm assuming this is a bug in Chrome itself.

I'm checking to make sure there's nothing else I can do to activate EasyPrivacy list in Chrome. The only filter lists that work in Chrome are the ones that come "pre-installed" with Adblock Plus.
lewisje

Re: EasyPrivacy won't work in Chrome, is there a solution?

Post by lewisje »

How do you know that it doesn't work?
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
SamWin

Post by SamWin »

well, do you want me to post pics of a website?

I go to a website with the "Added" filters activated and all ads are present.

I then deactivate the "added" filters and activate the default EasyList filter. Then return to the same website = no ads are present.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

EasyPrivacy is not meant to block ads, just tracking, which collects user data without knowledge or consent; therefore it's not all that easy to verify that it's working because the URLs that it blocks don't normally add anything visible to the webpage to begin with: https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/policy

You should use EasyPrivacy along with EasyList, or to make it a bit easier, go ahead and disable the default EasyList entry and then add this combined subscription: https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus. ... sylist.txt
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.