Req: Blockable items on current page

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
MassMan

Req: Blockable items on current page

Post by MassMan »

Is there a plan to add/port some of the more advanced features from the firefox version? I especially miss the ctrl+shift+v window showing the blockable items on the page. And the mouseover on ABP showing "blocked 6 of 24 items". Sort of the developer windows, telling you what's going on behind the curtains of ABP.
Currently you're often making filters in the blind and left to guess which of your filters are most used etc.

Otherwise thanks for a great job ;)
pirlouy

Re: Req: Blockable items on current page

Post by pirlouy »

Indeed, extension is very limited and it's impossible to create a filter with Chrome; you have to create them in Firefox.
But I guess there are some Chrome limitations...

But maybe something like ScriptNo extension, a popup which at least shows what is blocked !
Anomalous

Post by Anomalous »

It should be possible now with webRequest, which can catch (and log) all net traffic as it happens, but he only just implemented webRequest for blocking, so I'm thinking this will come later.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

At least you can use the built-in developer tools to figure out the URLs that are requested when the page loads...but indeed it would be nice for the Chrome extension to tell us what has been blocked.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Yes, lots of UI work necessary...