how to add filter manually ? ABP doesn't allow it?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
demoneye

how to add filter manually ? ABP doesn't allow it?

Post by demoneye »

hi

i want to add (for example) easy list privacy to ad block plus , i go to "filter list"and use "add url" , BUT the filter doesn't work , not this one and not any filter i a dd from the firefox list.(http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions)

hoe can i add filters from firefox list to google chrome ad block plus ?

10x
lewisje

Re: how to add filter manually ? ABP doesn't allow it?

Post by lewisje »

Just click the link in the list of subscriptions: Then ABP options will automatically open with all the information filled out.

If you do wish to add a subscription manually, you need to use the bare http:// or https:// URL; abp: links are meant to be clicked on, not pasted in. :)
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
demoneye

Post by demoneye »

i play with it before asking btw... i did click on the filter subscriptions and NOTHING open like it does in firefox, what wrong in here :?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Maybe that was added in the dev/experimental builds and isn't yet in the stable version of ABP...
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.

Post by Guest »

lewisje wrote:Maybe that was added in the dev/experimental builds and isn't yet in the stable version of ABP...
i dont understand :roll: , i want to add "EasyPrivacy" from the list ( http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions ) how can i do that?

using ABP 1.1.4 ...

10x
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

go to https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/
right click on the easy privacy subscription link
copy the URL
right click ABP icon
options
filters, you can paste the URL at the concerned text box.
then click subscribe/add
demoneye

Post by demoneye »

@vinny86

this way i know and already mater it , the thing is when u add this Specific filter (easy privacy) it doesn't get updated like all other manualy added filter , in matter of fact i cant even know if its working or not....
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

OK, vinny86 gave a fairly good explanation, except that the link you need to copy is the one to view the list, not the abp: subscription link.
demoneye

Post by demoneye »

10x u all for the help BUT i found ad block works much better with any subscriptions out there , In addition its region blocking (right click in page) is much more strong and Accurate אישמ ABP :oops:
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

ABP uses lesser resources and doesn't "hang" pages. That's my pitch for ABP
Install the development version from my signature.
It will be released with chrome 17
demoneye

Post by demoneye »

owww :oops: i never know there is ABB new build :D
10x vinny86 i am using it and its FAR more good than than the "stable" release.

just out of Curiosity , how BP is compare to ad muncher when come to esources and doesn't "hang" pages ? :?:
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

Have not tried Admuncher
But i think ABP is the best ! :D
demoneye

Post by demoneye »

I know one feature that is in ad muncher and not (yet) implemented in ABP , and its removing adv from a video (like in news channel) , i hope one day it wil be added :)

many 10x VINNY86 you much light my way :D
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Actually ABP experimental (much like ABP for Firefox) can remove advertisements from within videos; you just need to add the proper filters or have a subscription that includes them.

Still, AdMuncher (and other filtering proxies, like the free Privoxy and Proxomitron) can modify the HTTP response in ways that ABP (which focuses on the request) cannot, like pulling out text links or even individual words.
demoneye

Post by demoneye »

lewisje wrote:Actually ABP experimental (much like ABP for Firefox) can remove advertisements from within videos; you just need to add the proper filters or have a subscription that includes them.

Still, AdMuncher (and other filtering proxies, like the free Privoxy and Proxomitron) can modify the HTTP response in ways that ABP (which focuses on the request) cannot, like pulling out text links or even individual words.

can u plz tell me which filters ?? i wont to give it a shoot

10x 8)