New Chrome Dev 19.0.1049.3 Filters no longer update

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
1Guest

New Chrome Dev 19.0.1049.3 Filters no longer update

Post by 1Guest »

As title says, with the new Chrome Dev 19.0.1049.3 the Filters no longer update. Please look into this to see what has been changed.
1Guest

Re: New Chrome Dev 19.0.1049.3 Filters no longer update

Post by 1Guest »

I should add that it just says "downloading" indefinitely. Then when you close the browser the lists are gone alltogether. There is no way to re-add them either, does nothing. Please investigate.
1Guest

Post by 1Guest »

OK, looks like the Filters are still working, but they are gone from the options menu. No way to tell what lists you have or if they were updated :?
1Guest

Post by 1Guest »

No one on the dev channel? No one's looked into this yet? Is it a bug in the latest Chrome dev or is there a change in the Webrequest API that requires a change to ABP?

Post by 123 »

Same thing here, never had this issue before.
Chimaira

Post by Chimaira »

Hello,

Issue confirmed here
1Guest

Post by 1Guest »

Still no reply? This issue gets worse, in the latest Chromium you can’t even add filters after installing ABP rendering it useless. So there must have been a change of code to Chrome and not a Chrome bug. ABP needs an update. Mr. Palant, where are you?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

IIRC Palant concentrates on supporting the stable version of Chrome.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
dicks

Post by dicks »

Same issue here on latest Chromium 19. It is not possible to add a filter to the list and also none are displayed when trying to add. The update button does nothing.
Benni

Post by Benni »

Confirmed on latest DEV channel version 19.0.1049.3 and Adblock 1.2.0.768 on Win7 x64

Console reports this error in the extention page:
extensions/schema_generated_bindings.js:60 Uncaught Error: Invalid value for argument 2. Value does not match any valid type choices.
bug_report

Post by bug_report »

Confirmed with 19.0.1054.0 Canary and Adblock 1.2.0.768 on Win7 x64

The filters are all gone but they still seem to work. There are no ads and Adblock runs on the Chrome Taskmanager.

It seems that it only fails to show or render the list of filters in the options page.

With regard to dicks post that he can't add filters any more: I can't add filters to which I had already subscribed (which makes sense) but I can add new ones, even though they are also gone after restarting Chrome or refreshing the options page with F5.
tablo

Post by tablo »

Using Chromium here. Tried using the solutions here: en/known-issues-chrome#filterstorage but still the same.
iron2000

Post by iron2000 »

Still on Chrome 17 with latest ABP dev build, experiencing the same problem too.
Found that my filters are still dated January 21, just did a manual update.
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

I had the same issue on 19. I found that removing, or uninstalling the extension, and then re-downloading it gives a new menu. You no longer have a list with check boxes of what is active with a version/last updated to the right, but instead you have a dropdown box with the ability to choose what filters you want. The ones active are highlighted to show which ones you have working.
tablo

Post by tablo »

BobbyPhoenix wrote:I had the same issue on 19. I found that removing, or uninstalling the extension, and then re-downloading it gives a new menu. You no longer have a list with check boxes of what is active with a version/last updated to the right, but instead you have a dropdown box with the ability to choose what filters you want. The ones active are highlighted to show which ones you have working.
I don't know what you mean because I haven't been able to get that new look. Screenshot?