ETA for "Open Blockable Items" (Ctrl+Shift+V in Firefox)

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
JasonBT

ETA for "Open Blockable Items" (Ctrl+Shift+V in Firefox)

Post by JasonBT »

Will Chrome eventually get the "Open Blockable Items" feature that currently exists in Firefox? Is there a rough ETA on when this might appear in Chrome?
mapx

Re: ETA for "Open Blockable Items" (Ctrl+Shift+V in Firefox)

Post by mapx »

will be the same (firefox) interface ...

but you could see the blocked / unblocked items in the inspector network screen (ctrl-shift i, and then push refresh)
Last edited by mapx on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
dudefromthenorth

Post by dudefromthenorth »

Seriously, "List Blockable Items" is one of the most important features in Adblock Plus, and I don't use it for blocking ads, necessarily. When will this be available for Chrome? "Inspect Elements" is pretty useless. Chrome's a pretty awkward browser to use, but I need to use it, and I need access to Adblock Plus's "List Blockable Items".

Thanks
relative_entropy

Post by relative_entropy »

I agree with this. I would really like to have "View Blockable Items" in Adblock Plus in Google Chrome.
jb

Post by jb »

Me too. Otherwise it's impossible to block certain popups.
Icemonkey

Post by Icemonkey »

This would be a fantastic addition. Also the ability to see which resources are currently being blocked and by which filter. The other Chrome Adblock has this feature, would be good to see that in this as this has a much more polished interface.
grey areas

Post by grey areas »

I'll add my name to the list of people saying that they wish the list of blockable items list was still displayed. (or at least easy for ordinary people to find if it still is someplace, just hidden now) I'm just an average joe and find the addon to be of little to no use anymore without a display of items that can be affected readily available. I used to think and speak highly of this addon in circles of regular, non-techie type people like I generally communicate with.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

It's probably still not here because it's hard to implement well: Just look at how slapdash the AdBlock implementation (not related to ABP at all) is.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
ffguy

Post by ffguy »

AdBlockPlus without "Open Blockable Items" isn't AdBlockPlus at all; just a pale imitation. It's useless without this feature. I'm shocked the developer released it for Chrome at all in this condition. I can only imagine how crippled it is in the other non-Firefox releases.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

ffguy wrote:It's useless without this feature. I'm shocked the developer released it for Chrome at all in this condition.
That's nonsense.
bob2

Post by bob2 »

it needs to be added- I might go back to FF because of this.

There're tons of scripts that simply aren't blockable without that list.

It's not only about stuff that ends up on the screen.
Chrome User

Post by Chrome User »

Deleting posts to try and bury this thread? Nice one.

Maybe you could leave the fully justifiable bumps to a 2 year old feature request that hasn't been implemented instead of implementing censorship sitting behind your "hidden user"?
mapx

Post by mapx »

if you can add something new you are welcome, repeating the same phrases does not help
Chrome User

Post by Chrome User »

mapx wrote:if you can add something new you are welcome, repeating the same phrases does not help
It brings awareness to the issue at hand, and also shows the amount of interest in said feature.

Deleting such posts in nothing other than censorship.
mapx

Post by mapx »

it was asked in many many topics
however the devs have their roadmap, the intention is to have the same features in chrome (like those in firefox)

stop spamming this topic