[Fixed] "Adblock Plus has been updated" page won't go away

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
Gnoll

Re: "Adblock Plus has been updated" page won't go away

Post by Gnoll »

Closing Chrome, deleting "File System" in user profile and restarting Chrome twice fixed that issue for me.
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Our part of this issue is fixed. As for the rest - see en/known-issues-chrome#filterstorage
Aeryn

Re: [Fixed] "Adblock Plus has been updated" page won't go away

Post by Aeryn »

I still have this issue even after trying all of the mentioned solutions and it is getting so annoying. Anyone have any other ideas?
Aeryn

Post by Aeryn »

Aeryn wrote:I still have this issue even after trying all of the mentioned solutions and it is getting so annoying. Anyone have any other ideas?
In addition every time I restart Chrome it forgets any additional subscriptions or any personalized settings I may have set.
fhd

Post by fhd »

Aeryn wrote:In addition every time I restart Chrome it forgets any additional subscriptions or any personalized settings I may have set.
Could you try to remove local storage data manually? On Windows, it's in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\user data\default\Local Storage

Post by Guest »

which should output "2.1"
Result: 2.0.3 Now that I know I don't have 2.1, what's my next option, I shouldn't have to create a new profile, that's a work-around, not a "fix".
ldounoucos

Post by ldounoucos »

Hmm.. after trying A FEW of these solutions, deleting the first run files seemed to have done the trick for me [for now]. I would like to see if this does anything to the extension's performance or capabilities. I hope I didn't throw the baby out with the bath water and I hope the dev team takes into account all the solutions we have tried our selves when they make the "hot fix"

:Leon, a computer impresario, a Add Block Plus aficionado,
and an avid shoe wearer.
solocanoejake

Post by solocanoejake »

Having the same problem. I had to uninstall chrome on my wife's PC. This was the only thing that worked.
aaargghh

Post by aaargghh »

could someone please fix that! no mentioned solution worked for me (i use iron 22.0.1250.0) is there an older version of adblock i can try?
aaargghh

Post by aaargghh »

maybe this is interesting for others:

click&clean interfered with ABP: every time i closed my browser c&c cleared all data and deleted the folder "file system", so ABP had no chance to "remember" it has not just been updated.
myusername

[Not Fixed] "Adblock Plus has been updated" page won't go aw

Post by myusername »

I do have this issue, too.

Chrome 25.0.1323.1 dev-m
Latest Adblock Plus.

Welcome screen comes back after restarting the browser which is NOT a problem. The problem (for me) is that it does not save my subscriptions (always resets settings) AND enables the "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" option. Not acceptable.

Removing and installing Adblock Plus did not work.
Deleting the file system folder did not work.
Creating a new profile did not work.

I do not have any "delete X after closing browser" extension.

Someone recommended to delete the "Local Storage" folder. Not acceptable for me because I do use the browser for more than only visiting one website ;)

Well, now I had to temporary remove Adblock Plus again because it's very disturbing.

I'd be happy if someone could point me to an older version of Adblock Plus.
Former Adblock Plus User

Post by Former Adblock Plus User »

same here. Did uninstall it some moments ago cuz was more than disturbing (reset of filters)
fgfdggdfgdfg

Post by fgfdggdfgdfg »

yup I have the same problem. No solution in sight?! :( Seems I need another adblocker then :evil: :evil:
a_blackpanther

Post by a_blackpanther »

I am still having issues as well. I've tried the solution multiple times. I've even reinstalled Chrome, the welcome window still popped op, so I tried the solution, but it's still not working. Having to set my subscriptions every time I open my browser is becoming a nuisance.