Adblocker suddenly stopped working on all websites

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
Kagamine

Adblocker suddenly stopped working on all websites

Post by Kagamine »

Exactly what it says on the tin. Just a couple days ago Adblocker was working fine, now all of a sudden it's stopped working on all websites I visit.

Also, my "whitelisted domains" list was cleared just as suddenly, which may or may not be relevant. I thought it might have something to do with it since I tried to add another site to the list (and I've really just been putting URL's down even though it says to type in a domain and not a URL, since I don't know what the difference is and up until now it's been working fine and doing what I wanted it to do when I entered URL's), and all this seems to have started happening after adding a website (thatguywiththeglasses.com) to my whitelisted domain list. (This may or may not be the actual cause. I'm just taking an educated guess.)

Now, though, Adblock has stopped working on all websites, not just the whitelisted ones. Also, my whitelist has been completely cleared, not that it seems to make a difference since no ads are being blocked anyway. I've tried disabling and re-enabling Adblocker as well as exiting and re-opening Chrome, but, I didn't expect that to do much since, as stated, this has been going on for a few days.

I'm using Chrome version 27.0.1453.110 m, Adblocker Plus version 1.4.1, and Windows 7 PC.
Datswatshesaid

Re: Adblocker suddenly stopped working on all websites

Post by Datswatshesaid »

I too am having this problem on Google Chrome and Opera.
mapx

Post by mapx »

@Kagamine

did you check your enabled subscriptions ? (right click abp icon, options, see if you have at least 1 subscription (easylist) enabled)
Kagamine

Post by Kagamine »

:/ I don't see anything about subscriptions on the ABP options at all.
mapx

Post by mapx »

if you dont see any subscriptions use the "add filter subscription" to add easylist and/or other lists
Kagamine

Post by Kagamine »

I don't understand what that means... what's an easylist? Why should I need one in order to make ABP work at all? I didn't need one before.
mapx

Post by mapx »

ABP does not block anything without a list of filters

easylist is the main list / subscription (english websites)
also you can choose other regional lists or specialized lists
http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions/

read also
http://adblockplus.org/en/features

here you can see easylist filters:
https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easylist.txt
Last edited by mapx on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mapx

Post by mapx »

how to add a subscription (read for chrome)
en/getting_started#add-subscription
Kagamine

Post by Kagamine »

Ok, it's working now, thanks!

Any idea why everything on Adblock got cleared in the first place?
mapx

Post by mapx »

hard to say
could be some issue in chrome:
en/known-issues-chrome#filterstorage

or could be something in your system (cleaning software, crash etc.)
Kagamine

Post by Kagamine »

Right, it has been crashing a lot lately. Didn't know you could lose stuff that way. Thanks.
NoNamePerson06

Post by NoNamePerson06 »

It's working just fine for me now that i have deleted the old version of Adblock Plus and reboot my Pc before re add it to my Google Chrome Browser i think it needed just to be updated , i'm so happy that i've found how to fix of letting ads go through adblock plus on all websites. (Sorry if i have some faults, i'm not completly bilingual.)

Hope this help ! :wink:

========================
French: Juste eut besoin de supprimer Adblock Plus sur Google chrome et de redémarrer mon ordi pour re téléchargé Adblock Plus sur Google Chrome pour réglé les problèmes de publicités de ces derniers jours pour Adblock plus.
NoName06

Post by NoName06 »

NoNamePerson06 wrote:It's working just fine for me now that i have deleted the old version of Adblock Plus and reboot my Pc before re add it to my Google Chrome Browser i think it needed just to be updated , i'm so happy that i've found how to fix of letting ads go through adblock plus on all websites. (Sorry if i have some faults, i'm not completly bilingual.)

Hope this help ! :wink:

========================
French: Juste eut besoin de supprimer Adblock Plus sur Google chrome et de redémarrer mon ordi pour re téléchargé Adblock Plus sur Google Chrome pour réglé les problèmes de publicités de ces derniers jours pour Adblock plus.
Again Adblock plus stop blocking ads ... I Hope they fix that i don't want to have to change to a another adblocker :(
mapx

Post by mapx »

NoName06 wrote: Again Adblock plus stop blocking ads ... I Hope they fix that i don't want to have to change to a another adblocker :(
right click ABP icon, options, see if you have enabled subscriptions, if no ==> add at least easylist (+liste FR I suppose for you)
none

Post by none »

Mapx, thank you, I'd been dealing with ads for months thinking abp had stopped working. You're the best.