[Android] ABP & POST Forms = 408 Error

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
bugfinder

[Android] ABP & POST Forms = 408 Error

Post by bugfinder »

Cheers Adblock-Team,

after ~8 hours of investigating the error, it turned out that your android software causing heavy problems handling ordinary POST-Form submits on websites.

While having never problems with GET-submits, POST will fail if i wait more than a couple of seconds, returning the status text:

Request Time-out
Server timeout waiting for the HTTP request from the client.

This is the behaviour on a Galaxy S4 / Stock Browser.

In Opera mobile also "Request Time-out" Error
in Chrome mobile also "Request Time-out" Error
In firefox mobile, the request takes about 15-20 seconds to load the next page everytime i try it - but it succeed.

Immediately after removing the proxy-settings for ADP, all of above described behaviour dissapears.

I could reproduce this with a Nexus 7 Tablet (current android os & browsers) as well as with an older HTC Desire (android 2.2, old browser). Also i noticed same behaviour on different websites (not just those which i'm actually developing).
Needless to say that i've studied my server-configuration as well as response-header codes for almost the whole freaking day... :(

Could you confirm the problem?
p_hill

Re: [Android] ABP & POST Forms = 408 Error

Post by p_hill »

I could not reproduce this behaviour with a Nexus 7 so far. If it still exists with the latest development version of ABP, please file a report including your android and ABP version at https://issues.adblockplus.org