Adblock plus is not working on firefox

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
Duong Nguyen

Adblock plus is not working on firefox

Post by Duong Nguyen »

Hello,

I installed adblock plus 2.3.2 ver on firefox 24.
after i installed it, it still work like this and display adblock icon in bottom.
But when i close browser and open again, it dosen't work anymore and doesn't display icon.
So could you please show me why does it like that and how to repair it.
Thank you so much.
mapx

Re: Adblock plus is not working on firefox

Post by mapx »

did you try using only ABP and not any other extension / heavy plugin ?

the devs are working these days to remove this kind of issue

however you could try a new firefox profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles
angry-cr-g-linc

Post by angry-cr-g-linc »

im using classic compact skin, abp has been quite frankly shit for ages now ff23.??.?? . just updated to ff24 and its still being shit,also slow. i hear chrome (shudder) has ad block property's, thinking about seeing if i can apply options to make the buttons look less twattish. btw they need to make the ff spel check better
Helen_CGN

Post by Helen_CGN »

mapx wrote:did you try using only ABP and not any other extension / heavy plugin ?

the devs are working these days to remove this kind of issue

however you could try a new firefox profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles
First: Sorry for my bad English!

Same to me! I can't find the symbol, but in "Extras" - "Add-Ons" - "Erweiterungen" (I don't know the exact english phrase ... sorry) ABP is in first position. When I click on it, I find only "Deaktivate" or "Delete", no "Properties". So I'm clicking on the corresponding homepage, which will be opened in a new tab. Going back to the Add-On-tab and deleting ABP 2.3.2. In that tab I have to click on another item, then it is fully disappeared. Now, going back to tab of the hp of ABP. I install it and it works again. Closing FF, open it again, ... Same procedure!

With a fewer version of ABP it works fine!

FF-version: 24.0
Other Add-Ons: ColorfulTabs 19.9, DownloadHelper 4.9.21, Microsoft Net Framework Assistant 0.0.0, ProxTube 1.5.2 and WOT 20130924

It is not a good opportunity for me to activate a new profile!

What could heöp WITHOUT building a new profile?

Thank You very much ...
mapx

Post by mapx »

if your problem is the icon you can not see , then install the last development version:
devbuilds/adblockplus/00latest.xpi
Helen_CGN

Post by Helen_CGN »

No, it is not the missing icon! I find it, when I re-install ABP in the way described above.

ABP won't work, when I restart FF, and there's no icon. I find ABP aktive in the Add-On-Subfolder, but it doesn't work. There are 3 opportunities to click: "Einstellungen" (properties), "Deaktivieren" (de-activate) and "Entfernen" (delete). When I click on "Einstellungen", there is no chance to change the filter(s), but to de-activate and to delete. So in my opinion ABP is not able to get the filter(s) when restarting FF?!
mapx

Post by mapx »

did you try dev version I posted above ?
also, try to execute firefox like admin
mapx

Post by mapx »

if nothing works you could backup the old profile and try also a new profile to see the effects
Ev

Post by Ev »

I found that advertisements were still popping up after installing ADBP as well. I'm not sure if this is your dilemma, but I went Tools>Add-Ons>Extensions>Options (in the Ad Block Plus extension)>Filter Preferences
Under filter preferences there's a box near the bottom that says "Allow some non-intrusive advertising". Uncheck the box, close it, and it should work fine after that.
Neila

Post by Neila »

Read all this and tried all suggestions made. Nothing worked. Adblock just doesn't work anymore.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Neila wrote:Read all this and tried all suggestions made. Nothing worked. Adblock just doesn't work anymore.
firefox version ?
ABP version ?
subscriptions ?
"disable everywhere" mus be unchecked !
(did you create a new profile?)
p_hill

Post by p_hill »

If this issue still exists for you after having tried all suggetions, please file it at https://issues.adblockplus.org