Adblock starts not working on most sites

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
deepblue230

Adblock starts not working on most sites

Post by deepblue230 »

Hi everyone,

If the developers of Adblock cannot find any solution about the webmasters who starts to block adblock extensions--anti-adblock-- , the extensions are like adblock plus will stay in the history.

Most of the sites which I use everyday start to apply anti-adblock. I'm not talking about the ones opening a popup before the site is open. Most sites block to open the site OR they don't load some js files if the adblock is open /it means not possible to use the website functions once the adblock is open.

You can also find lots of way to block adblock extensions such as http://webgilde.com/en/anti-adblock/ and anti-adblock killers don't work fine to bypass the protection.

I think the webmasters of the sites check if the adblock plugin is loaded or not + check if the subscription list is loaded and block the related URL.

I can also give you the example via PM not to publish the sites here because Google will index and they will improve their protection.

Waiting for the authors/users comments to solve the issues.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: Adblock starts not working on most sites

Post by MonztA »

deepblue230 wrote:I think the webmasters of the sites check if the adblock plugin is loaded or not + check if the subscription list is loaded and block the related URL.
Nope, they rather check whether a specific element (ad script, frame, image) was loaded or not.

Feel free to send those sites to me via PM.
mmm

Post by mmm »

as no moderators are answering queries, and as adblockplus no long blocks ads, I assume it is no longer working
mapx

Post by mapx »

mmm wrote:as no moderators are answering queries, and as adblockplus no long blocks ads, I assume it is no longer working
as you dont explain your issue (browser, abp version, subscriptions, what happens), we can not help you
RTO

Post by RTO »

We are ALL having these problems now. I don't think we need to send you any examples of websites — it should be too obvious to everybody using AdBlock. Either way, here are two ex "www.tv.nu" and "www.dn.se"

With the EasyList switched on, these web pages will completely lock for 10-15 secs (even beach ball shows up in Mac OS X, Safari).
( —No, it hasn't always been like that. This is a completely new behaviour since a couple of days back. )

Version AdBlock 2.6.4
Affected computers: Various (independent) Macs, various models, various OS versions, various Safari versions.
mapx

Post by mapx »

@RTO

for dn.se
forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18089

you are using adblock, not adblock plus, so, if there are issues with that adblock extension you must go to their support site
try here
https://adblock.tenderapp.com/kb/other- ... rt-the-bug

or, for filters, you can go here
http://forums.lanik.us/
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

there is no one-size-fits-all solution; anti-adblock has to be circumvented on a case-by-case basis, and that means users pointing out examples of anti-adblock every time they crop up so the subscription authors can circumvent them
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
deepblue230

Post by deepblue230 »

In this way, Adblock plus won't work on any sites properly in the future.

Authors of the sites start to integrate anti-adblock systems to their site.

Even though we updated EasyList subscription or /and adding thousand of custom filters into the Adblock Plus, authors easily change the filename or rename of "ad script, frame, image" declared in the anti-adblock core files.

Most of the sites are applying this procedure and they succeed. I sent one example URL to @ MonztA to prove this. He/She stopped replying to me I believe that he/she bored of authors frequent changes but that's the truth.

If they cannot find a new way/opening to block anti-adblock codes, another company will come in front us with new intelligent idea.

Still waiting an answer from @MontzA and from other moderators to help us.
p_hill

Post by p_hill »

We assure you to contoinously work on getting around or rid of anti adblock solutions. If you have a specific case at hand, please tell us about and we will help you with it.