adblock just installed itself?

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
travlock

adblock just installed itself?

Post by travlock »

I installed adblock quite awhile ago. Since the campaign to bring a ad free internet to everyone, I decided it was time to stop using adblock to as I realized that I wasn't supporting the people or companies who give me free services. anyways I just restored my windows 7 that wasn't working for quite sometime to 9/26/2013 and when I opened chrome for the first time it prompted me to the adblock screen stating adblock had been updated. This shouldn't happen as I removed adblock either late August or late September. I was just wondering if this issue is a one time thing or not, and whether it has happened to others. Thank you.
mapx

Re: adblock just installed itself?

Post by mapx »

are you talking about adblock plus ? (and not adblock - which is other extension)

if you have a google account and you synchronized your chrome using the account (for passwords, extensions and so on) the extension could reappear again
p_hill

Re: adblock just installed itself?

Post by p_hill »

I assume that the reoccurrance related to restoring, maybe windows got something wrong there. If this happens again, please file an issue at https://issues.adblockplus.org