ABP crashing firefox and chrome with Barclays online banking

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
Jit

ABP crashing firefox and chrome with Barclays online banking

Post by Jit »

Hi

Been using ABP for years but encountered a problem yesterday in firefox with Barclays.co.uk online banking. I can log into my accounts but as soon as i click an account to see its statement firefox would crash. Thought this was a firefox issue so downloaded chrome and logged in using that and all was fine.

Then yesterday i installed ABP in chrome (after i had done the online banking) and thought nothing of it. Went to log into online banking today with chrome and had exactly the same problem as i was experiencing in firefox yesterday. Knowing the only thing i had changed in chrome was adding ABP i loaded firefox up disabled ABP and all was well with online banking (same in chrome).

I tried to report the issue through the report issue with this page but as i went through the process of it reneabling ABP and reloading the page=crash, limiting filters and reload page=crash so eventually i left ABP enable logged in but did not click the link to open a statement and the report issue then went through until it said ABP was not blocking anything on the page and so I came here.

When i log into barclays it opens a new page for the login, when the page crashes i just get a white window with no content and the page that has the barclays homepage on it also crashes as i cannot switch pages. This happens in both firerfox and chrome. Firefox brings up the this program is not responding window, chrome eventually goes to kill pages both eventually shutting down the relevant program.

Cheers

Jit
mapx

Re: ABP crashing firefox and chrome with Barclays online banking

Post by mapx »

if you click open blockable items what filters are activated ? (when the page is "crashed")
p_hill

Re: ABP crashing firefox and chrome with Barclays online banking

Post by p_hill »

If this issue is still up to date, please file it at https://issues.adblockplus.org