Block image function did not appear on images

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
DM7

Block image function did not appear on images

Post by DM7 »

the option to block image, only showed up on the wrong place, not on the image file, but instead on random place,

example : i could right click on empty space, and block image function would showed up, but when i clicked on an image i wanted to block, the option to block image is missing.

i'm using latest firefox, please fix this, because block image is one of the thing i often used,

because people often put random images that i dislike or hurting my eyes (ex : images that moves too fast).
Gingerbread Man

Re: Block image function did not appear on images

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Can you provide an example page and image you're trying to block?

I'd guess you're seeing the context menu item in the case of background images. It's possible for an element's background image to be smaller than the element itself, so you could see "Adblock Plus: Block Image" where there seems to be empty space.
mrbeen

Post by mrbeen »

hi,

this function no longer works for me either.
i used to have the option to block images, but not after upgrading to firefox 25.0.

thanks.
Meetoo

Post by Meetoo »

Same here. I only noticed it when I got no smilies or advanced options when posting on a forum. I disabled ABP and they were restored, along with an annoying image I'd blocked long ago. Now I see no option to block the image.

Hope this is fixed soon.

x :
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Try the dev build for Firefox: en/development-builds
dr_st

Post by dr_st »

Same problem. Started happening recently, although cannot pinpoint exactly when. No behavior change between FF versions 20 and 24. The "Block image" is simply gone from the context menus everywhere.
p_hill

Post by p_hill »

I cannot reproduce this behaviour with FF 28 and ABP 2.5.1. If this issue still exists for you, please file a detailed bug report including detailed information about your environment and some sample pages at https://issues.adblockplus.org