SeaMonkey opens slow by Easylist

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
patrickjdempsey

SeaMonkey opens slow by Easylist

Post by patrickjdempsey »

On my modest XP machine I've having severe problems with SeaMonkey 2.22 opening slow when AdBlock Plus is installed. I have no problems with startup times in Firefox running the same version of Gecko, and the same version of ABP (with dramatically more filters installed). I've tested dozens of iterations of this, all with fresh profiles. I am counting startup time to when a basic home page is loaded and I can begin typing.

Fresh profile startup = 2-3 seconds.

Startup after installing AdBlock Plus 2.4 which automatically installs Easylist = 7-9 seconds.

Startup after disabling Easylist = 4-5 seconds.

Startup after deleting Easylist = 2-3 seconds.

Startup after reinstalling Easylist = 2-3 seconds.

What is strange is that after I've deleted and then reinstall Easylist with a few restarts the problem seems to correct itself. I've repeated this process dozens of times with completely blank and with used profiles. The problem seems to be something that happens during the automated install of Easylist.
patrickjdempsey

Re: SeaMonkey opens slow by Easylist

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Note, I have not tested in a new Firefox profile yet, so the problem may happen there as well.
p_hill

Re: SeaMonkey opens slow by Easylist

Post by p_hill »

Depending on what exactly you mean with "reinstall", the list was only downloaded at the very beginning and/or at several update times but not after what you called reinstall. That in return means that each time the list is actually downloaded, eg for updates, it takes its time. If you are still facing this issue and believe it to be annoying enough to get adresses, please file an issue at https://issues.adblockplus.org