Adblock plus shutdown issue

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
cloud strife

Adblock plus shutdown issue

Post by cloud strife »

Hi there

recently on 6 different pc's we noticed that closing firefox or cyberfox, restarting for addon installs ect we kept getting firefox process is already running message and had to keep killing the task process manually now it did happen all the time but it has become more frequent.

This is happening on gecko version 25/25.0.1/26
Windows 7 home, pro, ultimate x64

we started general troubleshooting to try to narrow down the causes.

By disabling all addons
clean profiles
format and reinstall of operating systems.

Finally we narrowed it down to one extension they all had in common ABP

we are unsure as to why this issue occurs with your addon maybe a observer or function hangs during the shutdown process or something fails to unload causing the process to hang as a result of what ever the error is it give the above annoying issue of manually having to stop the firefox or cyberfox process.

This issue is not present in 24 or 27 so it could be a SDK library issue that was newly introduced or conflict with changes to firefox source.

I hope this helps and you are able to reproduce and find a resolution to it as for now we have had to disable ABP like many of others we recommended it to experiencing the same problem.
mapx

Re: Adblock plus shutdown issue

Post by mapx »

cloud strife

Post by cloud strife »

well i hope the above information i gave does help i did try searching for relative topics.

with ABP disabled problem is solved but every sites has buckets of ad's i do hope this can be resolved soon
p_hill

Post by p_hill »

As far as I tried this, it should no longer occur with FF 28. If it does, please file an issue at https://issues.adblockplus.org