Adblock cant update filters in Firefox

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
Dobbie03

Adblock cant update filters in Firefox

Post by Dobbie03 »

I'm using a recently installed Firefox 26 and adblock plus. Adblock will not block ads (yes, it is enabled) and I can't update the filters. Here is a shot of what is showing on the Adblock preferences window:

If this helps I am using Manjaro Linux, using Gnome Shell. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?
mapx

Re: Adblock cant update filters in Firefox 26

Post by mapx »

be sure you enabled SSL/TLS protocols
Dobbie03

Post by Dobbie03 »

How do I do that?
ADUser

Post by ADUser »

I have same problem. When trying to update any filter set I'm getting "Failed, download failure". SSL settings are ok and they don't fix the issue. One of my filter subscriptions is my own list being hosted on my own server so I've been able to check it server side and Adblock actually IS downloading full filter set (file size matches and request ends with 200 OK) but for some reasons refuses to use it. How can I get details about why Adblock thinks download has failed? I'm on FF 26 too. Oh, and problem is Windows only. My Ubuntu box with FF 26 and Adblock updates just fine.
mapx

Post by mapx »

did you enable TLS ?
ADUser

Post by ADUser »

Yes. It doesn't fix issue. Also some of my filter subscriptions are still using plain http and yet they can't be updated.
mapx

Post by mapx »

did you try other dns ? like those google 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4
ADUser

Post by ADUser »

DNS is not an issue here. If I'll enter any filter subscription URL directly in browser it downloads and shows up properly. Besides my Ubuntu box is using exact same Firefox/DNS config and it works just fine. Any way to make Adblock say something more than "Failed, download failure"?
mapx

Post by mapx »

if the devs will read this topic probably they will can add some more details ...
Dobbie03

Post by Dobbie03 »

None of this is working for me either. I tried creating a new Firefox profile as well, same issues appearing.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

ADUser wrote:Any way to make Adblock say something more than "Failed, download failure"?
You can try Diagnostics for Adblock Plus and see if it yields any useful info.
en/development-builds
Tom

Post by Tom »

For me it worked after I connected to a VPN. I wonder if this is some kind of conspiracy between ISPs.
ADUser

Post by ADUser »

No errors reported by diagnostics. I've tried few other WIndows machines and all of them fail to update filter subscriptions with Firefox 26
mapx

Post by mapx »

ADUser wrote:No errors reported by diagnostics. I've tried few other WIndows machines and all of them fail to update filter subscriptions with Firefox 26
all those machines have the same configuration ? the same security software ? (antivirus, firewall, antivirus plugin in firefox) ==> you could disable your security software (only to test) and keep only windows firewall enabled