Firefox 27.0.1 pageload slowdown

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
Policetac

Firefox 27.0.1 pageload slowdown

Post by Policetac »

I'm running Firefox 27.0.1 on a 2.3Ghz desktop with 2G's RAM on XP Home
My internet connection is 20Mb Centurytel land line, to LAN direct.
System is maintained by Tune up Utilities 2013 and is fully optimized
Currently running MS firewall only.
Am "NOT" running any "real-time" anti-virus, however system is maintained daily by Avast Pro and shows "clean/"

I have optimized my start up programs and have nothing running in the background that isn't system required.

I just recently received this computer second hand from a neighbor who was upgrading.
I have done everything I know to clean up it's environment, and maximize it's performance.
Once I had it all cleaned up and running well I decided to add an add-on (Adblocker Plus) that they had been running when it was their own. I am, and had been already running Mozila, just not the Adblocker.

Anyway, since I installed it, my page loading is awful! Not only that, but my system itself seems to be affected. My device input (mouse) reaction time is slow too. I've been finding myself having to wait for a page to load past a certain point before my mouse will even react. I also keep getting "script" errors.

I'm going to try un installing Adblocker Plus and see what that does, but I like the program and would ultimately like to keep it. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be experiencing and if it' is in fact related to the software or not?
Any help would be truly appreciated.

Re: Firefox 27.0.1 pageload slowdown

Post by guest »

Well, just try to uninstall it then, it's easy enough to reinstall it afterwards.
mapx

Post by mapx »

if still slow, try a new firefox profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows

and run only ABP like addon (to test your system)
p_hill

Post by p_hill »

Please retry the current dev build version of ABP, which includes some performance fixes. If the issue still exists, please file it at https://issues.adblockplus.org