ABP vs Google Bookmarklet

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
susan300

ABP vs Google Bookmarklet

Post by susan300 »

As soon as I installed ABP, the toolbar button for the Google Bookmarklet stopped working properly. It still opens a pop-out window when I click it, but instead of the form for bookmarking, the window just loads another copy of the page I was trying to bookmark. I see that Google.com/bookmark... is already added to the filter list. Taking it off and on that list had no effect. Please, help? TIA, Susan
Gingerbread Man

Re: ABP vs Google Bookmarklet

Post by Gingerbread Man »

What is "the Google Bookmarket"? Do you mean the Google Bookmarks bookmarklet from the following page?
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/100215?hl=en

What browser are you using? It works fine for me in Firefox.

Bookmarklets are javascript: links, which is a whitelisted scheme. That means Adblock Plus normally would never block a bookmarklet.
susan300

Post by susan300 »

Yes, that's the bookmarklet. I'm using Firefox.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Click the Adblock Plus toolbar icon and choose Disable Everywhere. Reload the page you were on. Does the bookmarklet still fail to work? If it works properly, then troubleshoot your filters as described in the first section of the following sticky.
forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22270

If choosing Disable Everywhere doesn't help, open the Add-ons Manager (Ctrl+Shift+A), Extensions category. Click the Disable button next to the Adblock Plus entry. Restart Firefox. Does the bookmarklet still fail to work? If yes, then I don't see how it could be an Adblock Plus issue.