AdBlock Plus prevents Firefox process from stopping

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the corresponding product forum.
OllieGG

AdBlock Plus prevents Firefox process from stopping

Post by OllieGG »

When closing Firefox the process doesn´t stop. Trying to open Firefox again results in "Firefox is already running..."-message. Generated this enough of times to be absolutly sure it is AdBlock Plus + Firefox that is the problem. Without Adblock Plus everything is fine. Running all the latest versions but this (seems to be a common problem) has been going on for quite a while now. It seems to appear after updating Firefox. Creating a new Friefox profile helps but is annoying to do after every Firefox update.
Norvand

Re: AdBlock Plus prevents Firefox process from stopping

Post by Norvand »

I have the same problem at 29 (beta/release) and 30 (beta) FF.
tsunami2311

Post by tsunami2311 »

I made post about this here doing what i posted in my last post "seems" to of stoped the hangs on exit give it shot see if it helps but soo far since doing this i been ff hang free

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2825639
OllieGG

Post by OllieGG »

tsunami2311 wrote:I made post about this here doing what i posted in my last post "seems" to of stoped the hangs on exit give it shot see if it helps but soo far since doing this i been ff hang free

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2825639
Thanks for your reply. Did not work for me but I am sure it is in the right problem area. Turning off Firefoxs "Clean history at shutdown" (incl. cache) makes the problem go away. That, or disabling AdBlock. Will go on trying some variations of your "cache"-method.
tsunami2311

Post by tsunami2311 »

Update I still have the hangs all thought after messing with cache settings it became much much less frequent, before it was every single time close browsers now it probably 1 in 10 it happens.

I have FF set to clear Cache,history,Active login , forms and history. and I refuse to turn off auto clear on exit. as of now i leaving it as is as it not as annoying as before, but if start hanging like before i will just go back to 28 till this fixed cause apparntly its the clear on exit function casuing it