So, out of nowhere today, I noticed on Chrome that ads which would normally be blocked on AdBlock were now being shown. AdBlock no longer shows any ads having been blocked on the current page. When I clicked the symbol, it showed the word AdBlock in the upper right corner, the way it should. Under it, however, it showed absolutely nothing! When I rolled my mouse over this part, it showed where all the buttons would be that would normally be there, like # of ads blocked, but no words were shown and nothing happened when I clicked on it. I haven't explicitly noticed this before, but it could have been going on for several days. I would have updated to AdBlock Plus, except that I just learned of its existence today while searching for a solution to my problem.