[Added] Vk.com ads

Inclusion proposals for "acceptable ads" list are discussed here. New topics cannot be created, constructive comments are welcome, flaming will be removed.

Moderators: Till, greiner, ManuelC

[Added] Vk.com ads

Postby ManuelC » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:49 am

Proposed filters:
Code: Select all
vk.com#@#.ads_ads_box
vk.com#@##ads_left *


Link to a test page:
http://vk.com/friends?act=find

Advertising type:
Native Text image combination ad in the left rail

Additional technical information
Ads only show if VK's interface is set to Russian language. Also, you need to use this login in order to see the ads:

Login: 79997164367
Pass: adblock
ManuelC
ABP Acceptable Ads Relations Manager
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Vk.com ads

Postby dimisa » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:01 am

Совет пользователям:

Судя по всему, у вас разрешена "приемлемая реклама". Для её отключения нужно кликнуть по иконке APB, выбрать в появившемся меню "Настройки фильтров" и снять галочку с пункта "Разрешить некоторую ненавязчивую рекламу".

Также читаем здесь: https://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=28751
dimisa
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:59 pm
Location: Russia

Re: Vk.com ads

Postby Lain_13 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:24 pm

innerself
На сколько я понял они отказались от трюка с !important в блоке #ads_left и потому я хочу заменить фильтр vk.com###ads_left * на vk.com###ads_left.
Можете заранее внести vk.com#@##ads_left в список приемлемой рекламы?
Lain_13
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Wonderful World, Ubuntu Linux

Re: Vk.com ads

Postby ManuelC » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Lain_13 wrote:innerself
На сколько я понял они отказались от трюка с !important в блоке #ads_left и потому я хочу заменить фильтр vk.com###ads_left * на vk.com###ads_left.
Можете заранее внести vk.com#@##ads_left в список приемлемой рекламы?


Hi Lain, would you mind translating your message into English? I don't understand it and the ABP team would also like to read it.

Thanks!
ManuelC
ABP Acceptable Ads Relations Manager
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Vk.com ads

Postby Lain_13 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Oh! Heh, I intended to wrote that in English, but… somehow forgot. O_O

As I understand VK dropped that trick with !important in the #ads_left block. So, I want to replace filter "vk.com###ads_left *" with "vk.com###ads_left".
However, this will break exception "vk.com#@##ads_left *". Is it possible to add "vk.com#@##ads_left" into acceptable ads list in advance?
Lain_13
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Wonderful World, Ubuntu Linux

Re: Vk.com ads

Postby ManuelC » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:48 pm

Lain_13 wrote:Oh! Heh, I intended to wrote that in English, but… somehow forgot. O_O

As I understand VK dropped that trick with !important in the #ads_left block. So, I want to replace filter "vk.com###ads_left *" with "vk.com###ads_left".
However, this will break exception "vk.com#@##ads_left *". Is it possible to add "vk.com#@##ads_left" into acceptable ads list in advance?


Thanks, done: https://hg.adblockplus.org/exceptionrul ... 7a1d3fac1a
ManuelC
ABP Acceptable Ads Relations Manager
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: [Added] Vk.com ads

Postby ManuelC » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:10 pm

innerself wrote:Proposed filters:
Code: Select all
vk.com#@#.ads_ads_box
vk.com#@##ads_left *


Link to a test page:
http://vk.com/friends?act=find

Advertising type:
Native Text image combination ad in the left rail

Additional technical information
Ads only show if VK's interface is set to Russian language. Also, you need to use this login in order to see the ads:

Login: 79997164367
Pass: adblock


Added: https://hg.adblockplus.org/exceptionrul ... a965cec843
ManuelC
ABP Acceptable Ads Relations Manager
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: [Added] Vk.com ads

Postby novkads » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:04 pm

why did you add vk ads to acceptable list without consulting users? I as an adblock user want to view acceptable ads however i dont consider vk ads acceptable. they are out of color scheme and they have a switching animation which catches your eye, this is not acceptable. I request removal of vk ads from acceptable list.

p.s. I know i can add vk to the list of rules, however there are a lot of users on vk who won't do it. they shouldn't view such a pesky ad.
novkads
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:57 am

Re: [Added] Vk.com ads

Postby Caro » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi novkads,

thanks for enganging and your active contribution :). First, I'd like to apologize for the slight delay in getting back to you. We have looked into your complain and there are 2 things I'd like to get back to.

1. you claim they are out of color scheme - would you mind explaining what you mean by that?
2. You claimed there is a switching animation - Actually the ad re-loads only one time along with the user interacting with the site. Only when the entire site loads, the ad loads along. Without interaction the ad is static. This is in compliance with the Acceptable Ads criteria (Compare the section in the https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads#criteria saying "What is not considered an Acceptable Ad?: Ads that visibly load new ads if the Primary Content does not change". In this example the content does change, so the ad can change.

Best regards, Caro from the Adblock Plus Team
Caro
ABP Account Manager
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: [Added] Vk.com ads

Postby ManuelC » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:24 pm

New proposed ad:

Proposed filters:
Code: Select all
vk.com#@#div[data-ad-view]
vk.com#@#div[data-ad]


Link to a test page:
http://vk.com/friends?act=find

Advertising type:
Native Text image combination ads in the start feed

Additional technical information
Ads only show if VK's interface is set to Russian language. Also, you need to use this login in order to see the ads:

Login: 79997164367
Pass: adblockplus
ManuelC
ABP Acceptable Ads Relations Manager
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: [Added] Vk.com ads

Postby ManuelC » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:29 pm

ManuelC
ABP Acceptable Ads Relations Manager
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: [Added] Vk.com ads

Postby klyok » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:53 pm

VK doesn't follow acceptable ads policy, rules 1 'Placement" and 2 "Distinction". For now, ads are placed in-between content and distinguished only by grayed out word "ad post". Please see my screenshot below.
Image
klyok
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: [Added] Vk.com ads

Postby Caro » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:51 pm

klyok wrote:VK doesn't follow acceptable ads policy, rules 1 'Placement" (...). For now, ads are placed in-between content (...)


Hello klyok. Thanks for your active contribution wirh regards to the Acceptable Ads program in general. Unfortunately I couldn’t open the screenshot you attached, however, I assume you mean the ad in the start feed. I went ahead and reviewed this case. That position is considered acceptable though as the Acceptable Ads Criteria define it this way: Acceptable Ads Criteria > ‚Specific criteria‘ > 03 In-Feed Ads > „Ads are permitted in between entries and feeds.“ Hence, there is no violation in this case.

klyok wrote: VK doesn't follow acceptable ads policy, rules (..) and 2 "Distinction". (Ads are) distinguished only by grayed out word "ad post". Please see my screenshot below.
Image


About the 'ad post' tag that you mean, it also adjusts to the Acceptable Ads guidelines. As stated in the criteria:
"Ads should always be recognizable as ads and distinguishable from all other content (e.g. are not hiding the label, are not misleading users into thinking an ad is part of the primary content). Ads should be clearly marked with the word "advertisement" or its equivalent."

The word "ad" is considered a shorter, equivalent form of 'advertisement', thus making the ad recognizable at the first glance and therefore acceptable.
Caro
ABP Account Manager
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: [Added] Vk.com ads

Postby some_user » Mon May 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi! Since today I'm seeing ads with English interface. Would you comment on that? Something changed?

P.S. This basically forces my hand to disallow acceptable ads because (though they may not violate acceptable ads rules) they are still irrelevant so I would never want to click them, also the pictures they use are ugly and disgusting, and the phrasing they use is often illiterate.
some_user
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 6:17 pm


Return to Acceptable ads proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests