[Added] AdRecover ads

Inclusion proposals for "acceptable ads" list are discussed here. New topics cannot be created, constructive comments are welcome, flaming will be removed.

Moderators: ManuelC, Till, greiner

Re: [Added] AdRecover ads

Postby mapx » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:32 pm

For now I get only these black ads (nothing animated). Tried with us ip, european ip.

mapx

Postby userX » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:27 pm

No animated banners here http://i.imgur.com/YrCx6NZ.jpg

@dzr156 Seriously, you are here to request help or just for trolling?
userX

Postby forcer81 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:36 pm

I suspect Adrecover team is playing game of cat and mouse with you guys. Maybe on the IT Tech Post the ads are now correct. but on http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india-p ... 6039?HPT=1 are not. (Viewed from UK IP, Dropbox served from Google network and Sendgrid ad from doubleclick, both most likely using my user profile data to show ads like this)

From what I know about acceptable ads program, companies such as Adrecover must sign a contract which prevents them from doing tactics like this. Am I mistaken?
forcer81

Postby AdRecover_Ankit » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:59 pm

forcer81 wrote:I suspect Adrecover team is playing game of cat and mouse with you guys. Maybe on the IT Tech Post the ads are now correct. but on http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india-p ... 6039?HPT=1 are not. (Viewed from UK IP, Dropbox served from Google network and Sendgrid ad from doubleclick, both most likely using my user profile data to show ads like this)

Hello Forcer81,

I represent AdRecover and please be assured that we work closely with the Acceptable Ads program.

You will indeed see ads based on basic targeting data (like Geo, etc) and these may be image ads being served from different DSPs like Criteo, AdRoll, etc - however, we have ensured that they are static creatives. In your attached screenshot, the creative seems to be static as well.
AdRecover_Ankit

Postby forcer81 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Ankit - yes, they were static. But I disagree on the targeting side. They were targeted based on my profile as in the incognito mode I got different ads. I am both Dropbox and Sendgrid user , both services being B2B which I am pretty sure would not advertise on open market without any targeting - these were retargeted ads based on my profile.

Personally, I do not mind it - but I would like clarification from Adblock team whether tracking ads are within the scope of acceptable ads program.
forcer81

Postby darrotem » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:39 pm

forcer81 wrote:Ankit - yes, they were static. But I disagree on the targeting side. They were targeted based on my profile as in the incognito mode I got different ads. I am both Dropbox and Sendgrid user , both services being B2B which I am pretty sure would not advertise on open market without any targeting - these were retargeted ads based on my profile.

Personally, I do not mind it - but I would like clarification from Adblock team whether tracking ads are within the scope of acceptable ads program.

Hi Forcer81,

Thank you very much for the constructive feedback and sorry for the delay in responding.

Adblock Plus is a tool for users to configure their browsing experience, by default it blocks annoying ads and allows unobtrusive ads. Additional features such as blocking tracking are optional and we won't block anything unless commissioned to do so by the user. Acceptable Ads focuses on the format only, privacy aspects aren't part of the criteria and left up to the user to configure. Our view is that tracking and retargeting aren't necessarily bad (as some users, myself for example, may prefer more relevant ads), what is important to us is that users have a way to control it and turn it off, which they can by tweaking the ABP settings.

In case you have any additional question, please feel free to ask.
darrotem

Postby mapx » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:28 pm

@forcer81, to remove the tracking stuff just subscribe to easyprivacy list ( from https://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions )
mapx

Postby z3r0t3n » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:41 pm

z3r0t3n

Previous

Return to Acceptable ads proposals