Suspend Background Tabs

Discussion related to extensions like Extension Auto-Installer or Google Search link fix.

Suspend Background Tabs

Postby Gnumpf » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Hello and sorry for my bad english. I wanted to ask why the addon Suspend Background tab has been removed from addons.mozilla.org. I find this very useful addon! Or it is no longer necessary, because one can disable Flash in Firefox?
Gnumpf
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Re: Suspend Background Tabs

Postby mapx » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:47 am

User avatar
mapx
 
Posts: 21945
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Suspend Background Tabs

Postby grumpel » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:20 am

Hi there. I liked the extension (Suspend background tabs) very much but now after a windows reinstall I cant't install it since it's offline. Is it unstable? Or why has it been removed from the Mozilla Addon-site? I can see that the development is still active: https://hg.adblockplus.org/suspendbackgroundtabs
grumpel
 

Re: Suspend Background Tabs

Postby aissacf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:23 am

Gnumpf wrote:Hello and sorry for my bad english. I wanted to ask why the addon Suspend Background tab has been removed from addons.mozilla.org. I find this very useful addon! Or it is no longer necessary, because one can disable Flash in Firefox?


I second your request. I think the developer MUST tells us what happened :-/

FC
aissacf
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:22 am

Re: Suspend Background Tabs

Postby aissacf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:24 am



It is not the same. The extension quoted above claims to "save memory" NOT CPU.
In other words, it doesn't stop Javascript usage.

FC
aissacf
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:22 am

Re: Suspend Background Tabs

Postby Davvid » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm interested in this addon, too. It would be really useful for me because my FF with >100 tabs open is really slow. Unfortunately I can't even find bare .xpi file with this addon. Where one could get it ?
Davvid
 

Re: Suspend Background Tabs

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:37 pm

I too would appreciate any news about this add-on and why it is no longer available. You can still find it for example here: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Suspend-Ba ... 45849.html
Guest
 

Re: Suspend Background Tabs

Postby guest » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:10 am

Davvid wrote:Unfortunately I can't even find bare .xpi file with this addon. Where one could get it ?

https://hg.adblockplus.org/downloads/file/ ?
guest
 

Re: Suspend Background Tabs

Postby piet » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:01 am

guest wrote:
Davvid wrote:Unfortunately I can't even find bare .xpi file with this addon. Where one could get it ?

https://hg.adblockplus.org/downloads/file/ ?

How do I install it from the files there? I can't find an .xpi for it.
piet
 


Return to Other extensions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests