Doesn't work in Opera 12.10 (x86_64)

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Opera
Lexi

Re: Doesn't work in Opera 12.10 (x86_64)

Post by Lexi »

Lain_13
What's about latest Opera 12.11?
becocabana

Post by becocabana »

Same is true for Opera 12.11
(Win Vista 64x)
Other things that don't work on the newest version are: disabling the plug-in using the button (reacts only to right clicks), automatic update of filter subscriptions.
I.e. it is worthless right now.
Please try and fix it soon.
It was so good before the update!
mrfdes

Post by mrfdes »

Opera 12.11 build 1661.
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.
ABP 1.3.4.

The old versions up to and including 1.3.1 were all right and did the job, however, now, with 1.3.4, although Youtube does not seem to cause any problems, other videos (eg. on websites) all show the adverts before the actual video.

I have tried all possible solutions, but nothing works.
Come on, ABP team. pull your finger out, please.
Lain_13

Post by Lain_13 »

Lexi wrote:Lain_13
What's about latest Opera 12.11?
I haven't noticed when it was updated but it was. So, I've tested it in 12.11 and it does not work as intended there.
Version 12.11
Build 1661
Platform Linux
System x86_64, 3.5.0-19-generic
Pashkinz92

Post by Pashkinz92 »

The plugin does not update the filter lists themselves
mrfdes

Post by mrfdes »

Pashkinz92 wrote:The plugin does not update the filter lists themselves
Even when I update the filter lists manually the problem is not solved.
3dp

Doesn't work in Opera 12.10 (x86_64)

Post by 3dp »

Works only if updated and only one session. After rerunning Opera it is necessary update again.
mrfdes

Post by mrfdes »

3dp wrote:Works only if updated and only one session. After rerunning Opera it is necessary update again.
Yes, but even so.....
MAG

Post by MAG »

Fix this quick! I'm not dumping Opera, so if you don't fix Adblock, I'll go off and find a similar extension which actually does what it is supposed to.
mrfdes

Post by mrfdes »

MAG wrote:Fix this quick! I'm not dumping Opera, so if you don't fix Adblock, I'll go off and find a similar extension which actually does what it is supposed to.
Hear, hear.
alternate_adblock

Post by alternate_adblock »

This Opera extension may work for people having problems with the current ABP: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/ ... kforopera/ It is not the same plugin as ABP or the previous Opera AdBlock.

There is also AdSweep, which can work alongside ABP or AdBlock: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/adsweep/

I do appreciate all the hard work by the ABP team to bring their awesome Firefox plugin to Opera, but I cannot stress enough what a TERRIBLE IDEA it was to replace a functional plugin (the original Opera AdBlock 0.56) with a plugin that was obviously an "alpha release" at best. ABP should have been released as a separate extension. Forcing the average user into the role of bug tester is rarely going to play out well. :roll:
funkinlesson

Post by funkinlesson »

Since the most recent update - version 1.3.4 released on Nov. 23rd - this works fine for me in Opera 12.11. So far anyway.
mrfdes

Post by mrfdes »

funkinlesson wrote:Since the most recent update - version 1.3.4 released on Nov. 23rd - this works fine for me in Opera 12.11. So far anyway.
I use 1.3.4 too.
It does not do what it is supposed to.

Post by Guest »

mrfdes wrote:
funkinlesson wrote:Since the most recent update - version 1.3.4 released on Nov. 23rd - this works fine for me in Opera 12.11. So far anyway.
I use 1.3.4 too.
It does not do what it is supposed to.
Which block list are you using? You said above that it blocks ads, including video ads on YouTube, but it's not blocking ads on other video sites. That's almost certainly down to the block list that you're using, rather than the extension itself.

Can you link to a couple of example videos where adverts are not blocked?
mrfdes

Post by mrfdes »

Here is one link: http://koken.vtm.be/recept/souffle-van-knolselder-0#
The list I use is Fanboy's Adblock list, Easylist, DutchAdblockList+EasyList and GermanAdblocklist+Easylist.

Besides, like some others have mentioned here, the blocking happens or does not happen occasionally upon manually updating the list elements.
I have now also added AdSweep and that does the trick for the time being (for some sites).
However, for a site like http://koken.vtm.be (choose any film clip, they are not in English), the ads still play before the actual clips, whether refreshed or not.