EasyList download fails behind a proxy

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Opera
Winz

EasyList download fails behind a proxy

Post by Winz »

Thanks for your great work. The extension works fine when I am not behind a proxy.

Behind a proxy, ABP fails to download the list (so the extension does not work since there is no filter). In wireshark, I see that the requests (there are many) are typed DNS and try to reached port 53 :
12 1.723754000 XX.XX.XX.XXX YY.YYY.YY.Y DNS 94 Standard query 0x5262 A easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org
13 1.723769000 XX.XX.XX.XXX YY.YYY.YY.Y DNS 94 Standard query 0x6214 AAAA easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org
14 1.732531000 YY.YYY.YY.Y XX.XX.XX.XXX DNS 94 Standard query response 0x5262 Server failure
15 1.732549000 YY.YYY.YY.Y XX.XX.XX.XXX DNS 94 Standard query response 0x6214 Server failure

This sequence is repeated several times and that's the only traces I have.
My proxy is configured through a PAC file.

Is there a way to use HTTP connection (through the proxy) to retrieve the list ?

NB: ABP extension works fine with Firefox and Chromium which have the same proxy configuration.
Xombie

Re: EasyList download fails behind a proxy

Post by Xombie »

This is problem with Opera (Extensions cannot access INTERNET behind proxy server), i have reported this bug when extensions were introduced, but still no progress. :(

The only workaround is to use proxifier/your-freedom (or other similar softwares)
Winz

Re: EasyList download fails behind a proxy

Post by Winz »

OK thanks for the reply.
I'll post a new comment in this thread when the bug will be fixed by Opera.