Is there a way to whitelist all sites by default?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Opera
G4MR

Is there a way to whitelist all sites by default?

Post by G4MR »

Is there a way to write a plugin to do this because if I can pull this off I will halfass it and do it.

Basically from my understanding adblock checks the current whitelist list before it runs the filters, if a sites on the whitelist nothing happens. What if I can add the current site to the whitelist w/ the current site before adblock plus actually loads. That way it auto whitelists everysite I visit and then I can enable ABP when I want on the site that I feel necessary needing of the ABP filter.
Gingerbread Man

Re: Is there a way to whitelist all sites by default?

Post by Gingerbread Man »

You'll have to remove all filter subscriptions and rely solely on custom filters.
G4MR

Post by G4MR »

Gingerbread Man wrote:You'll have to remove all filter subscriptions and rely solely on custom filters.
I don't believe this, explain to me why I would have to do it this way. I was looking at the source code and there were post and preload js files. How come I couldn't edit the preload js file to add the current page addr to the white list before the rest of the plugin loads? I just need to understand how that data is being stored/removed and I'm set. Would love a response from the lead developer
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Because a whitelist will overrule a block list (the way it should be), the way it was designed from the beginning. If you want to whitelist all sites, just disable or remove Adblock Plus.

However no one is forcing you use a subscription list, you're free to make your own subscription or list to decide what you wish to block or not.

Post by Guest »

fanboy wrote:Because a whitelist will overrule a block list (the way it should be), the way it was designed from the beginning. If you want to whitelist all sites, just disable or remove Adblock Plus.

However no one is forcing you use a subscription list, you're free to make your own subscription or list to decide what you wish to block or not.
I'm just trying to whitelist the site page load that way if I want to disable the ads on the page I can just click the button and it'll remove the whitelist. That's basically the whole point of the thread and I have a feeling it's possible. SO yeah I want to use adblock plus in reverse order white list on load (which will override the block list indeed) then enable adblock if I deem it appropriate for that site which would/should remove the ads on page refresh.

Going to screw w/ the source if I get help or not and try making this work.