- check your filter lists ==> click ABP icon, options, "filter lists" tab, be sure to have easylist enabled
- if you don't see easylist enabled click "add subscription" and choose easylist
as the last Opera versions are chromium versions see also:
continue if Step 0 does not work
I. Some ads are not blocked, or things are blocked but shouldn't be
- By default, Adblock Plus will only block intrusive ads. That means on some sites you will see non-intrusive ads, like text ads on Google Search.
If you don't want to see any ads whatsoever, click the Adblock Plus icon on the toolbar and choose Options. Click the Filter Lists tab and clear the checkbox next to the "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" option.
- If you're having a different problem, first update your filter subscriptions manually.
- Click the Adblock Plus icon on the toolbar and choose Options. Click the Add Your Own Filters tab, then the Edit Filters as Raw Text link.
- Cut all the filters there to the clipboard, paste them in a text editor and save the file. Afterwards, click the Apply Changes button in the Adblock Plus options window.
- Reload the page that was giving you trouble before. If the problem persists, start a new thread.
Adblock Plus can't be expected to function correctly on a system infested with malware. The Malware Blocking feature (Malware Domains filter subscription) is not a substitute for security software. Check if you have a malware problem by performing a full system scan with an up-to-date anti-virus, then anti-malware applications like Malwarebytes Anti-malware and AdwCleaner.
III. All problems
Many problems can be caused by other add-ons, user preferences or corrupt files in the profile folder. The simplest way to check if that's the case is to start in a new profile, install Adblock Plus and see how it performs there.
- To determine the location of your profile folder, click the Opera button in the top left corner and choose About Opera. Make a note of the profile folder in the Paths section.
- Exit Opera.
- Rename the profile folder (the default name is Opera Stable; change it to something like Opera Stable - backup).
- When you next start Opera, you'll have a brand new profile. Install Adblock Plus there and check if the problems still occur.
- If the problem isn't present in a new profile, you can manually copy some data files from the profile backup you made earlier (e.g. stash.db keeps the sites stored in the stash).
However, you should avoid copying files related to add-ons or preferences. If you suspect another add-on is causing problems when used alongside Adblock Plus, start a new thread about it so other people can test.
Both bugs and suggestions for improvement can be filed in the issue tracker. A bug is a design flaw that makes Adblock Plus perform inappropriately. As explained above, problems caused by filters or malware are not bugs in Adblock Plus. Before filing a new report, please make sure that's not the kind of problem you're dealing with, and check that the issue hasn't already been reported.