Can't even download it

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Opera
Tappy

Can't even download it

Post by Tappy »

Hi,

I am working with Opera for quite some years and up until now I never had probs with it. ABP worked perfectly fine with my Opera 11.64. That is until Opera refused to start and did whatever it wanted, so I saved my bookmarks, deleted and reinstalled 11.64 (tried 22 but that's not for me). So far that solved all of my problems.

I also wanted to reinstall ABP, but that simply does not work. Whenever I click the download button I am being "ignored". I further tried to copy the link and paste it but again no reaction. After checking my settings (Cookies and stuff) I installed AdBlock and again: It is not working as it is supposed to and I can't see the preferences, just some empty boxes I can put ticks in, not that I would do that since there is no text and I don't know what I am allowing/blocking. Yes, some add is gone, but most of it is still there. I can't even enlarge my YouTube video because there is advertisement blocking the way (okay, maybe I am imagining that ... still not able to enlarge it).

I want ABP back! The way it was before: Perfect and simply awesome. Do you have any ideas? Pretty please?
mapx

Re: Can't even download it

Post by mapx »

how did you try to install ABP ? from which site ? what version ?
Tappy

Post by Tappy »

Hi,

I went to the offical website (en/opera). And clicking the install button I end up at the Opera website. That's where I am stuck. It is Version: 1.3.4

I tried a few other sources but of course I always got redirected to the extension segment of Opera homepage.
mapx

Post by mapx »

could you try opera 12.17 ?
Tappy

Post by Tappy »

Yay it works. And it looks the same. Thank you. :D
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Hello,
Tappy wrote:ABP worked perfectly fine with my Opera 11.64.
Adblock Plus was never available for that version of Opera. It relies on improvements that were added in Opera 12.10, so that's the minimum required version. Though for security reasons you should run the latest version, which is currently 12.17 as noted above.