Element hiding helper for Opera?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Opera
prr

Element hiding helper for Opera?

Post by prr »

Is there the Element Hiding Helper extension for ABP for Opera?
Gingerbread Man

Re: Element hiding helper for Opera?

Post by Gingerbread Man »

No.

If you use the latest version of Opera and Adblock Plus, you can click the toolbar icon and choose Block Element. Clicking an element on the page afterwards will suggest the most appropriate filter.

If you need more details about the DOM, you can use the browser's developer console: right-click an element on the page and choose Inspect Element.
prr

Post by prr »

Thanks, that did it.
foxtrot

Post by foxtrot »

yea this is fine but why then code a add to the right click menu in the adblock plus main options area. this is terribly annoying.

to have to constantly click the extnesion pic. when u could JUST RIGHT CLICK AND BAM a 2 second operation has to be a 15 second operation. this is why i hate opera and 3rd party ripoffs.

Post by Guest »

prr wrote:
Gingerbread Man wrote:If you use the latest version of Opera and Adblock Plus, you can click the toolbar icon and choose Block Element.
Thanks, that did it.
I was just about to post: 'Liar, liar, pants on fire!' - however, realized that I'm *testing* x64 Opera 12.17 :-$

^^ and there is NO such menu/link/option. (Blah. :))
theinvoker

Post by theinvoker »

it would be nice if we could get the same Options we have on Firefox

Sometimes you need to try adding DIV,first/last child,etc etc to get the best result of what you want to block.

Also would be nice to have shortcuts while the command is active (W and N at least)