How to block Omniboxes.com Startpage?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Opera
Kantoni

How to block Omniboxes.com Startpage?

Post by Kantoni »

Hello Forum. Every time I open my Browser, I receive a startpage from omniboxes.com. Why? I can not understand how can I delete it or block it. I wanted to reset my browser, but without success. I do not know if Adblockplus blocked such Virus-Startpages? Thank you
mapx

Re: How to block Omniboxes.com Startpage?

Post by mapx »

it's malware
use adwcleaner, see the guide here: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-omniboxes-virus/
D_Inside

Post by D_Inside »

First, try to remove the source. Open the Control Panel and uninstall the programs that you’ve probably installed just before Omniboxes.com hijacker has appeared. Then check the list of your browser extensions and remove the ones you are uncertain with. If this doesn’t help I suggest using two tools - Antimalware Malwarebytes and avast Browser Cleanup. Antimalware Malwarebytes will scan the system and remove the threat, and by using avast Browser Cleanup you will restore browser settings back to normal.
Carmelo

Post by Carmelo »

Omniboxes.com is a browser hijacker that changes internet settings without permission. Even if you reset settings this hijacker can come back again. You have to be very careful visiting other websites because there is a hiding place for internet hijackers.To avoid this, you have to remove all of them from the PC. Optimal choice would be to read this guide www.2-spyware . com / remove-omniboxes-com-virus.html because from my own experience this method was helpful for me!
If you have more questions you can follow me on Twitter @ CarmeloL7 I will text you back with pleasure.
Take care!
mapx

Post by mapx »

@Carmelo, did you even read the guide I published above ? It's way better on the methods to fight out that malware.
Carmelo

Post by Carmelo »

@mapx, by my opinion it is favorable choice. So that's why I recommended that.
Nothing personal at all,
Have a good day.