Add custom Subs

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
fanboy

Add custom Subs

Post by fanboy »

Ability to add custom subs, like tracking filters etc.
Wladimir Palant

Re: Add custom Subs

Post by Wladimir Palant »

Main problem is - I'm not sure it is possible to intercept abp: link clicks from an app. And if you have to type things in manually on a phone it will get very awkward.
LoveABP

Post by LoveABP »

That would be nice! On Firefox I use EasyPrivacy, SocialMediaBlock and Malware Domains additional to Easylist and EasylistGermany. On Android this is impossible yet. By the way I wish ABP could block ads over 3G for unrooted devices, too (I'm using Android 4.04 ICS).

At the end let my say how much I love ABP. I'm using it a very long time on Firefox without trouble. The filterlists are amazing, esp. EasyPrivacy and SocialMediablock. THANK YOU guys!!!

(I'm sorry for bugs, my English is a bit rusty.)
Wladimir Palant

Post by Wladimir Palant »

LoveABP wrote:By the way I wish ABP could block ads over 3G for unrooted devices, too (I'm using Android 4.04 ICS).
Unfortunately, when Google implemented a proxy API they only allowed configuring it for WiFi, not for 3G. We looked hard but couldn't find a way yet.
LoveABP

Post by LoveABP »

Forgot to say that my posting refers to the new standanlone android app ABP 1.0.

Post by Guest »

Wladimir Palant wrote:
LoveABP wrote:By the way I wish ABP could block ads over 3G for unrooted devices, too (I'm using Android 4.04 ICS).
Unfortunately, when Google implemented a proxy API they only allowed configuring it for WiFi, not for 3G. We looked hard but couldn't find a way yet.
Thank you for answering, Mr. Palant. I'm looking forward for updates. I'm sure you and your team will do your best to develop ABP further.
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Wladimir Palant wrote:Main problem is - I'm not sure it is possible to intercept abp: link clicks from an app. And if you have to type things in manually on a phone it will get very awkward.
Not really an issue, copy/paste the links in.. I can understand supporting adp: will be close to impossible though.

Though adding something like in Adblock for Chrome, Title, Subscription.. would be nice