[change port 80 to 8080] Android MMS don't work

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
BlackNTan

Re: [change port 80 to 8080] Android MMS don't work

Post by BlackNTan »

Same here as well, Samsung Galaxy S5, stock msg app.
brianray14

Post by brianray14 »

Confirmed MMS not working on galaxy S3 and HTC one M8 AT&T. I guess the devs gave up on this
lostangelintx

Post by lostangelintx »

This is still the case.
pissedoffdolphin

Post by pissedoffdolphin »

Note 3 att rooted. Knoxraid 4.4.2. Still happening. All mms apps. Sms functional.
cj2014

Post by cj2014 »

I had this same issue and can confirm on an HTC One X running Venom XL 4.2 changing the APN to use port 8080 for MMS resolved the issue.

As this thread was hard to find I am also adding the exact errors messages from my phone.

message not downloaded
generic network failure
cj2014

Post by cj2014 »

And somehow I forgot to add that the network is ATT :)
esheesle

Post by esheesle »

I'm a bit shocked that a workaround hasn't been created for this yet other than changing the mms port. That isn't even an option for Verizon users (APN settings locked on most phones)
stonefish

Post by stonefish »

AT&T Galaxy S5 same issue. could send/receive if I turned blocking off but not with blocking enabled. Changing APN settings within textra fixed the issue but the ability to whitelist would be better.
userlala

Post by userlala »

hello everyone, i tried to install adblock plus on my android 4.2 jelly bean, but it doesn't allow me to change these preferences on the wireless network to make it operational :(
Thank you very much in advance for any help/tips you can give.
MWD9557

Re: Android MMS don't work when ABP is active

Post by MWD9557 »

madLyfe wrote:
theclash150 wrote:Just figured I'd drop in to help a few fellas out. As per post #10 in the this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2423770) try changing your port settings under APN settings. I'm on AT&T with a Nexus 5 and changed port 80 to 8080 and everything is working wonderfully again with ABP enabled. Good luck!
i have the same setup, nexus 5 on att and i changed the MMS apn setting to 8080 and everything works again..

WIth my Rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 running on AT&T my MMS doesn't work.
I could not edit my APN so I created a duplicate APN but changed the port to 8080 instead of 80.
My MMS still will not work with ADB+ running even with the port of 8080.
I have it set to block ads on all connections, not just on WiFi.

Only way for my messages to go through is to turn off ADB+.

Any ideas here on what needs to be done so I can run ADB+ and still get my MMS??
Desecreight

Re: Android MMS don't work when ABP is active

Post by Desecreight »

MWD9557 wrote:
madLyfe wrote:
theclash150 wrote:Just figured I'd drop in to help a few fellas out. As per post #10 in the this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2423770) try changing your port settings under APN settings. I'm on AT&T with a Nexus 5 and changed port 80 to 8080 and everything is working wonderfully again with ABP enabled. Good luck!
i have the same setup, nexus 5 on att and i changed the MMS apn setting to 8080 and everything works again..

WIth my Rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 running on AT&T my MMS doesn't work.
I could not edit my APN so I created a duplicate APN but changed the port to 8080 instead of 80.
My MMS still will not work with ADB+ running even with the port of 8080.
I have it set to block ads on all connections, not just on WiFi.

Only way for my messages to go through is to turn off ADB+.

Any ideas here on what needs to be done so I can run ADB+ and still get my MMS??
Rooted S5 on AT&T here as well. Unfortunately I'm having the same issue with port 8080 not resolving the issue. But I'm really not too dissapointed now that I've been trying to diagnose this mms issue for over a month now and finally got it working by disabling ABP! I'm going to contact ABP to see if there is another workaround. In the meantime maybe someone will discover an open, functional port to use for mms instead since 8080 doesn't work for S5's on AT&T.
jjfoshay

Post by jjfoshay »

Changing the port to 8080 does not resolve the issue when using Straight Talk as an MVNO for the AT&T Network. This is a longstanding bug which needs to be resolved.
Noct

Post by Noct »

Here's a fix that worked for me. Look in your APN settings and copy the MMSC URL (excluding the "http://" prefix and everything after ".com") for example, mine is "mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com". Then go under the advanced settings for yor wifi connection and paste this URL into the "Bypass proxy for" field. Save it and you should be all set.
kdub

Post by kdub »

Changing the MMS port within the APN didn't work for me either. But, another post gave me an idea and I change the port in the application (GoSMS) and it worked like a charm! I'm very cool with changing an app to make things work versus messing with the default phone setting, which didn't work anyway.
TWFH

Post by TWFH »

LG G2 on AT&T

Cannot send mms with abp running