[change port 80 to 8080] Android MMS don't work

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Phoenix5

Re: [change port 80 to 8080] Android MMS don't work

Post by Phoenix5 »

When ABP is enabled it will block incoming and outgoing MMS messages. It also interferes in some way with how my phone communicates with my provider. I have had sim card errors such as no sim or invalid sim detected messages and forced restart, after restart sim works fine for awhile and then happens again. Disabling ABP resolves all issues.

I have an unlocked galaxy note 4 SM-910T (t-mobile variant) using an at&t prepaid sim card. My phone is rooted and I have installed the FireKatN4ANK4V9 ROM.

I have not tried changing my MMS port but I will, I'll post again to update how that turns out.
Laserbait

Post by Laserbait »

Nexus 4 - CarbonROM 4.4.4 - Rooted
ABP 1.21
T-mobile

Running ABP 1.21 I can't send or receive MMS Messages with ABP enabled.
Stupifier

Post by Stupifier »

I found a pretty simple fix for everyone. I just added my Carrier's APN settings to AdAway's Whitelist. Note sure if Adblock Plus has a WhiteList feature/option, but that worked perfectly. Now all my MMS texts get ignored by AdAway and pass through just fine.

1. Google your carrier's APN settings
2. Find the MMSC information and copy it. For Verizon it is MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
3. I removed the prefix and suffix from that URL and put it in AdAway app's Whitelist with Wildcards on either side of it. *mms.vtext.com*
4. Applied settings. Restart Phone.
5. All MMS work now while still having AdAway blocking ads.
cai

Post by cai »

Stupifier wrote:I found a pretty simple fix for everyone. I just added my Carrier's APN settings to AdAway's Whitelist. Note sure if Adblock Plus has a WhiteList feature/option, but that worked perfectly. Now all my MMS texts get ignored by AdAway and pass through just fine.

1. Google your carrier's APN settings
2. Find the MMSC information and copy it. For Verizon it is MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
3. I removed the prefix and suffix from that URL and put it in AdAway app's Whitelist with Wildcards on either side of it. *mms.vtext.com*
4. Applied settings. Restart Phone.
5. All MMS work now while still having AdAway blocking ads.
Thanks!!!!

I've uninstalled Adblock Plus since this is a known issue lasting several years and has never been acknowledged by the devs. I can't tell you the number of hours I've worked and fretted over this, not being able to send and receive MMS. But it's a piece of free software so no hard feelings. But things are working great with AdAway which you can find on XDA forums.