Proxy setup but still not blocking

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Nick Savoiu

Proxy setup but still not blocking

Post by Nick Savoiu »

I'm using Android 2.3.5 on an HTC Wildfire S. I have setup the proxy host/port but ABP still tells me that none of the traffic is going through it. I've even restarted the phone but still to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nick
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: Proxy setup but still not blocking

Post by MonztA »

Did you try to open a website?
Nick Savoiu

Post by Nick Savoiu »

Hmm, maybe I misunderstood what it would do. I does seem to work for web browsing but not for in-app ads.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

What apps did you try?
android2pumpkin

Post by android2pumpkin »

I must agree. I'm also using an Wildfire S, did the proxy configuration, but it seems not to block anything at all.
Nor website ads or in-App ads. It still says: "waiting for traffic" and sometimes a configuration warning comes up.
But I've set the Wifi-proxy to localhost and the port to 26571...
Nick Savoiu

Post by Nick Savoiu »

MonztA wrote:What apps did you try?
I tried it in "Android Assistant".
LegalAlien

Post by LegalAlien »

android2pumpkin wrote:I must agree. I'm also using an Wildfire S, did the proxy configuration, but it seems not to block anything at all.
Nor website ads or in-App ads. It still says: "waiting for traffic" and sometimes a configuration warning comes up.
But I've set the Wifi-proxy to localhost and the port to 26571...
Same here, I'm also using a HTC Wildfire ( mine is with Android 2.3.3, which is still higher than the minimum required 2.1). I also did the proxy configuration instructions, checked and double checked, but nothing is working. I hope somebody can guide me in the right direction because I love ABP on my laptop and would like to get it to work on my phone too.
Thanks in advance.
notgeorge

Post by notgeorge »

Also not working at all on the Droid 3. There are no separate WiFi settings in the main settings menu of my phone; the AdBlock WiFi proxy settings do not seem to affect the rest of the phone. Why? Tell us, please! :roll:
tarrtec

Post by tarrtec »

Not working on galaxy tablet note 10.1 with new software update as of 01.16.2013