Removing ABP for Android

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android

Removing ABP for Android

Postby jsbollman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:44 am

I need help. When removing the app I'm still stuck in a local proxy mode. How can I fix this? I plan to re-install later, but not right now. I can't do anything at this point because of it being in proxy mode...I never even set it up. I'm on an Asus Nexus 7.
jsbollman
 

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby MonztA » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:56 am

Have you tried rebooting your device yet?
MonztA
ABP IT Officer
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Germany

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby jsbollman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 pm

I have no idea why I didn't think of that. It's usually my default thing to do. Tis been a long day lol. Thanks. I feel rather stupid right now. :)
jsbollman
 

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby Andrey Novikov » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:18 pm

For further inquiries I will mention that it would be more correct and simpler to disable Adblock Plus service before uninstalling it.
Andrey Novikov
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby greiner » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Andrey Novikov wrote:For further inquiries I will mention that it would be more correct and simpler to disable Adblock Plus service before uninstalling it.

But you can detect when it's being uninstalled, right? So why not switch the proxy back automatically?
User avatar
greiner
ABP Developer
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 pm
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby Andrey Novikov » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:52 am

No, I can't.
Andrey Novikov
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby amarech » Sun May 05, 2013 4:58 pm

jsbollman wrote:I need help. When removing the app I'm still stuck in a local proxy mode. How can I fix this? I plan to re-install later, but not right now. I can't do anything at this point because of it being in proxy mode...I never even set it up. I'm on an Asus Nexus 7.
amarech
 

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby konstantin » Tue May 07, 2013 12:42 pm

please add a version for android widget on / off
konstantin
 

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby zxc_mx » Wed May 22, 2013 8:36 am

bump
zxc_mx
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:29 am

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby abakus » Wed May 22, 2013 10:56 am

Have you tried to turn of the local proxy?
abakus
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby octavio » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:24 pm

jsbollman wrote:I need help. When removing the app I'm still stuck in a local proxy mode. How can I fix this? I plan to re-install later, but not right now. I can't do anything at this point because of it being in proxy mode...I never even set it up. I'm on an Asus Nexus 7.
octavio
 

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby dgIL » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:11 pm

In case you still need it, here is what you need to do revert back from local proxy:

1. In the list of available networks, tap and hold the network to which you are connected, until a menu shows.
2. Tap Modify Network.
3. Check the Advanced Settings, in case you don't see Proxy Settings.
4. Tap Proxy Settings, and change it from Manual to None.
5. Tap Save.
dgIL
 

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby roben » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:28 pm

1. tap and hold on your wifi network. 2. choose "forget network". 3. reconnect to your network using existing password. after frustratingly unsuccessful attempts to find a fix, figured it out myself. using jellybean, btw
roben
 

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby brazilian » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 pm

dgIL wrote:In case you still need it, here is what you need to do revert back from local proxy:

1. In the list of available networks, tap and hold the network to which you are connected, until a menu shows.
2. Tap Modify Network.
3. Check the Advanced Settings, in case you don't see Proxy Settings.
4. Tap Proxy Settings, and change it from Manual to None.
5. Tap Save.



tks man ......
brazilian
 

Re: Removing ABP for Android

Postby Barefoot1957 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 am

Can someone tell me how to remove the program completely, please? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.1 and since I'm not willing to play with the settings, this needs to go away
Barefoot1957
 

Next

Return to Adblock Plus for Android support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests