localhost and port 26571

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
ADougRay

localhost and port 26571

Post by ADougRay »

I have a Samsung Exhibit II SGH-T679 with Android 2.3.6. Obviously, I have installed Adblock Plus. I have two places to put in the parameters "localhost" and "26571". If I open the Adblock Plus app and press menu, I can select Advanced settings. In this screen, I can add "localhost" under Host and "26571" under Port. These don't seem to change the other settings, which I access by selecting Settings, -> Wi-Fi settings, -> menu, -> Advanced, and set Proxy to "localhost" and Port to "26571". In the end, it doesn't seem to matter if either or both of these are set, Adblock Plus continually reports that the settings are not working. Once upon a time, I think I had Adblock Plus working, but I've since had to re-image the device once or twice and now I can't make it work. I can send images of the screens if desired as I can make them with. Any help will be appreciated.
Doug
P.S. I would have added this under the other entry by this name (localhost and port 26571), but the implication is that I would be responding to the original report instead of adding more information, so I put this in as a separate entry.
Justin

Re: localhost and port 26571

Post by Justin »

Same issue with Samsung Galaxy W with Android 2.3.6
As RAM is nearly used up, I wonder if that is connected.
amgt10

Post by amgt10 »

-
Last edited by MonztA on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed offtopic post
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

amgt10, if you do not have anything constructive to say, do not post please. Thanks.