Caused Connection Problems with Galaxy Note II

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
CVilleGal

Caused Connection Problems with Galaxy Note II

Post by CVilleGal »

When I am at home I primarily use my wifi connection on my Galaxy. I downloaded less than 2 weeks ago the ad block plus. First I want to tell you I am grateful for the products you create. I use adblock on my firefox for years and have never had an issue.

The problem is after downloading adblock I began to note that when I tried to play an app like wordsmith or check my email or even go to Googleplay for other apps - it would say no connection detected, retry. I would have to reboot my phone and try it again. I removed about every app I had and still had the problem which is how I finally figured out it was the adblock plus. The instant I uninstalled it every wifi connection issue and app connection issue was resolved. I wanted to let you know about this in case it's some kind of bug. Thanks for all your hard work and I am really sorry I posted it on the facebook, as I did not know about forum until they directed me to it.
CVilleGal

Re: Caused Connection Problems with Galaxy Note II

Post by CVilleGal »

I mistakenly thought this was a support forum yet I see NO / NADA / NIL / ZILCH replies for support for this -- or anything to indicate the bugs are working out?
poyda

Post by poyda »

I have exactly the same issues on my Note II. BUT only with Google's apps like gmail, youtube, maps, play store., to name a few.

It doesn't matter whether or not ABP is enabled or disabled. If installed =fail. When uninstalled, apps are back to normal.

One can't help but wonder if Google is doing something on purpose to cause this, Seeing they hate ABP.
RCH

Post by RCH »

Galaxy S2 user with android 4.2, and I have the same issues when using ABP
~C

Post by ~C »

Ohhh, so this I why my wifi no longer works on my phone (Samsung Epic)! I've been wondering what happened to my wifi, why it stopped working all of a sudden; I never considered it was due to this app. Now I know!

It would be nice if you guys/Support would provide customer service and respond to this thread.