WiFi Internet stops workin on Android with Adblock installed

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
dfwtexn

Re: WiFi Internet stops workin on Android with Adblock installed

Post by dfwtexn »

I encountered this problem on my Nexus 7 v2, unrooted through Android 4.4.2 at which time I rooted. I researched Wugfresh and found it a breeze; spent more time getting the PC drivers deleted and reinstalled than actually rooting the device.

I wanted a fresh start on the tablet, so I did not try reinstalling my backup after rooting. Some of that decision came from very little documentation on the subject so I opted for a clean slate. I've enjoyed it immensely ever since.
icefront

Post by icefront »

Samsung galaxy s4 here, the same problem here. After installing adblock, all the applications are loading their stuff forever...
anonym

Post by anonym »

it's happening on my oppo neo3 (android 4.2.2) too
the abp version is 1.2.1
all applications reporting either connection timed out or no connection.
BrokeAnon

Post by BrokeAnon »

Same issue on my Galaxy Discover with 4.1.2 (rooted). I have no connection at all in any apps despite it saying I'm connected and certain ones are having popups about protocol errors. On top of this, it's showing my wifi as a single bar even if I'm sitting next to the router. Disabling the proxy seems to fix some of these issues but then Adblock wont work at all.
Harry_Parker

Post by Harry_Parker »

I think Adblock and AdAway and other ad blockers were removed from Play by Google to protect ad generated revenue for developers using ads for free apps. This encourages paying for the ad free versions which supports app developers. You can still install from a backup if you have one.
mac

Post by mac »

I put App on then took it straight off again. I now cant connect to internet. Solution please please please
note 3 indonesia

Post by note 3 indonesia »

Please help me i have same problem with other user , iam uninstall adblock plus and now i cant connect to wifi. please some one help me.
x4711

Post by x4711 »

Did you switch it off before the uninstall and did you check if the poxy settings are removed at the network? You have to tab the network longer to get to the advanced settings. There you have to set no proxy and ABP will not work anymore even if it would be installed and switched on. You have to understand a proxy like a detour for whatever reason. If you take it away you will drive on the normal road again.
Nicodonald

Post by Nicodonald »

Same here, on a ZTE under Android 4.2.1
Wifi stops worfing after ABP activated and proxy settings updated...
jhonathan frayle

Post by jhonathan frayle »

Tengo el problema el mi galaxy tab 4 . Al cambiar el proxy a localhost ya no me responde el wifi y ya no me deja navegar en internet
MosAnted

Post by MosAnted »

I've been having this issue on my Intel Inco Sphere tablet, making it impossible ot use ABP at all. Has there been any fix available?
yarkot

Post by yarkot »

AdBlock: 1.2.1
Phone: Moto-X
Android: 4.4.4

When wifi proxy configured, ad blocking works.
However, wifi connectivity drops out. Typically 1-2 minutes functional (sometimes literally ~10 seconds; rarely 10 min. or more).
To recover: either turn off momentarily, and turn back on Wifi, or same with going into and out of Airplane mode.

Confirmed no hardware (phone or access point) problems: iPad side-by-side w/o problems; Android booted in "SAFE" mode (press-and-hold "Power Down" in dialog for SafeBoot) works on wifi reliably, consistently > 24 hours.

Individually ticking off various likely candidate applications which may be causing problem, disabled Adblock-Plus (didn't need to un-install), and removed proxy settings:
Result is > 24hrs uninterrupted good (good throughput) connectivity.

Conclusion: Adblock-Plus is causing the WiFi dropouts.
Gesta

Post by Gesta »

Same problem at Samsung Galaxy tab with android. Switching Adblock plus application off restores wi-fi. Problem started to appear yesterday around 5 p.m. GMT.
Dodge34

Post by Dodge34 »

Got the same issue with both a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Asus Memopad ME176, both running latest version of Adblock plus for android, the adblock works for around 10-20 seconds then the webpages or any apps that need internet stop working automatically. I need a fix, and especially one that could work with my LTE data plan, I can't even think about using it and wasting my precious data plan with ads.
a2015

Post by a2015 »

I had no idea that all these timeouts were the reason of ABP! I lived with that for about 2 years and it was so annoying. After reading this thread I removed the proxy and ABP and guess what: No timeouts anymore. Not on https, not in the play store. Everything is working fine now. Such a relief. Just the ads are still there. But they have not been filtered anyway with Lollipop. Every 1 or two hours I needed to bring APB into focus to work at all. Despite the icon was visible all the time it just stopped working after a while. I guess I need to root to use AdAway soon.