After uninstalling, other problems arise

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
uz1986

After uninstalling, other problems arise

Post by uz1986 »

I uninstalled Adblock Plus on my Galaxy tab 7.0 due to connection problems when using google play. So, now that I've uninstalled it, I have bigger problems than those ads I was trying to block. When I enable wi-fi, it takes nearly 30 seconds to connect as opposed to the 5 seconds it took before installing the app. There is also a delay for widgets to refresh as soon as my device is connected. Perhaps the most serious problem I've encountered after uninstalling is that the home page and additional pages appear blank after I power on the device. It takes about 2 seconds for the apps to appear. I'm going to reset my device back to its original settings, and I HOPE that it resolves this problem. What exactly did your app change on my device that it is causing these problems? If it made any changes to the wi-fi settings, it should switch them back to their original state after it is uninstalled.
uz1986

Re: After uninstalling, other problems arise

Post by uz1986 »

Well, I reset my device and it it's still malfunctioning. Please help!
Andrey Novikov

Post by Andrey Novikov »

If you have uninstalled AdblockPlus and rebooted the device there can be no further problems. AdblockPlus does not make any permanent changes to the system.
uz1986

Post by uz1986 »

Thanks for your reply. I've uploaded a video so you can see what I'm referring to. This only occurred after uninstalling adblock plus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO7EfDyId3E
Andrey Novikov

Post by Andrey Novikov »

Have you cleared proxy settings in your WiFi connection?