ABP completely blocks sites since Chrome update on Nexus 7

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Bazzaman

ABP completely blocks sites since Chrome update on Nexus 7

Post by Bazzaman »

All content for several sites (e.g. nationalrail.co.uk, iii.co.uk, bbc.co.uk) is now completely blocked in Google Chrome since latest Chrome update when using proxy settings suggested by ABP (Manual / localhost / 26571)

Device is Nexus 7 (not rooted) running Android 4.2.2.

ABP updated a couple of days ago. All was still fine at that point (when using ABP proxy settings).

Then yesterday update to latest Chrome (25.0.1364.123, just released). Content for several websites seems to be completely blocked now (with proxy settings in use). If turn off proxy, sites come through, but so do ads. Have tried switching between Fanboys and Easylist to no avail.

Can still access sites OK in Opera Mini (but ABP doesn't seem to block ads at all in this browser).
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: ABP completely blocks sites since Chrome update on Nexus 7

Post by MonztA »

It is fixed in the development build of Adblock Plus for Android and will be fixed in the next release.
Bazzaman

Post by Bazzaman »

Thanks for the update
G

Post by G »

Might want to check that. I've the latest development build and it's still blocking everything on chrome. I'm on android 4.2.2
ZenWarrior

Post by ZenWarrior »

G wrote:Might want to check that. I've the latest development build and it's still blocking everything on chrome. I'm on android 4.2.2
Same here. Only white blank pages.
android-user

Post by android-user »

Sweet, abp works with latest devbuild. I'm running nexus 4 non-rooted and ads are blocked in chrome.
G

Post by G »

It worked great for me too-for about an hour then blocked everything again,still doing it now.
switchhitter

Post by switchhitter »

Same problem on a Nexus 4 (4.2.2).

After install I set up the proxy. Now, for example, http://www.reddit.com is just a white page. It works again if I add it to the bypass proxy list.

The only sites that work are the ones that default to a mobile site like chase.com.
Andrey Novikov

Post by Andrey Novikov »

Reddit workss for me :( What version of Adblock Plus are you using and to what filter list are you subscribed?
kwijbo

Post by kwijbo »

I had the same issue with blank webpages on my rooted N7 (4.2.2) with the latest ABP dev build (1.1.1a.241 build 241) and Chrome 25.0.1364.169. I noticed that ABP was using the Fanboy's List subscription, which was set by default, so I switched it to EasyList. After that, I stopped getting blank webpages.
Nico

Post by Nico »

after installing from ABP.org

NO PROBLEMS NO MORE.

T H A N K S to you ABP-folks !!