Apk won't install

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Spunky

Apk won't install

Post by Spunky »

Hello, I downloaded the apk for adblock plus and have 3rd party sources enabled, yet I cannot install the apk. On the screen where it asks install or cancel, only the cancel button responds while the install button is unresponsive. Does anybody have an idea why this is? Thanks!
fatherof10

Re: Apk won't install

Post by fatherof10 »

I have exactly the same problem. HTC One X plus rooted 4.1.1
roberta

Post by roberta »

Good Day,

Please Help.

I already have Adblock Plus installed on my Nexus 7, originally loaded from the App store, & later sideloaded it directly from adblockplus.org

Now I have been notified of the new release 1.1.1, BUT when I try to install the update I can NOT do so (after enabling installation from unknown sources aka sideloading)....
..as on the screen where it asks install or cancel, only the cancel button responds while the install button is unresponsive....

I have also downloaded it manually from adblockplus.org, BUT the same happens when I try to install the apk....

What am I doing wrong? :?:
How can I resolve this problem?

Thank You Very Much,
Roberta
jhi

Post by jhi »

Same as OP. unable to install. Interestingly adaway apk is the same. Droid x rooted, stock 2.3.4
jhi

Post by jhi »

So, for what it's worth, I think I found a solution. You need to temporarily disable any kind of screen dimming applications prior to install, it is strange behavior, but it should fix the issue.
zxc_mx

Post by zxc_mx »

tried. it works. thx
neverever

Post by neverever »

I tried disabling all screen dimming but I didn't have any luck. Any other fixes out there?
t4

Post by t4 »

I have the same problem. Turned off dim, enabled other sources, rebooted, retried.
Still nothing; I can't press the install button.

I always said I'd pay Google to remove darn ads. Facebook is struggling to monetize, and Google still hasn't offered the most obvious service they can.
jhi

Post by jhi »

IDK, Google makes its money by selling ads, that is their business model, hence why this kind of app was removed from the playstore. If you are rooted, perhaps there is some apk that you froze or removed that controls this. Possible?
abg

Post by abg »

jhi wrote:So, for what it's worth, I think I found a solution. You need to temporarily disable any kind of screen dimming applications prior to install, it is strange behavior, but it should fix the issue.
Worked for me too. Had to disable Twilight app that dims screen at night. Then it installed fine.
BullFighter

Post by BullFighter »

Kudos to you - Worked For Me too - I had to uninstall Screen Filter. Who would have thought, we are in your debt. :wink:
Keldrif

Post by Keldrif »

Who woulda thunk Screen Dimming WTF :shock: Thanks so much I should have googled it sooner... searched XDA and my rom authors FB and website for a few hours no help at all. Googled "intstall apk only cancel" Problem solved in less than 2 minutes!
The1nonly56

Post by The1nonly56 »

Had bluelight filter on. disabled it and it installed ty!
cleatus

Post by cleatus »

Thank you so much! I have the Twilight app installed and after i paused it the new adblock plus installed with no problem!