Play store not working

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
cybersco50

Play store not working

Post by cybersco50 »

Hi All, Wonder if one of you could help me. After installing ABP on my unrooted nexus 10, I configured per the instructions on this site by setting to localhost and the port that was listed in my notification bar. Problem is.....now the browser(Chrome) and other apps work fine, but I cannot connect to Google Play for updates. Does this make any sense? I have re-tried for 2 days with the same results. What have i done, and what is the proper way to put back to the default settings? Thanks for any guidance here.

BTW, a reboot does NOT help, nor did un-installing the app. Even a steer to a website to reset this back to default proxy....please.
abakus

Re: Play store not working

Post by abakus »

Have you problems with ssl websites? I ask because there are some people having problems with ssl connection while using ABP.

Greetz,
abakus
cybersco50

Post by cybersco50 »

Yes, any secure site responds with no connection. What else can I do besides un-installing abp? I don't know what the default settings were. I wish I would have stayed away from this. Only thing I can think of is to do a factory reset. Isn't there a simpler way to recover?

Never mind, just turning off manual fixed it. OK, I'm a moron. This app is way too buggy for me.....
abakus

Post by abakus »

You can remove it from device, and unset the proxy setting for your wlan. Than it should work normal.

Greetz,
abakus