Google Play - My Devices - Tablet Disappearing

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
Pontiaku

Google Play - My Devices - Tablet Disappearing

Post by Pontiaku »

Is their any chance adblock is causing my Nexus 7 (2nd gen) to vanish from my list of devices on Google Play?
Like not allowing something to transmit home? Because it seems to be disappearing around the time I enable adblock.
But it takes so long for the devices to update I'm having a hard time troubleshooting.
pewe

Re: Google Play - My Devices - Tablet Disappearing

Post by pewe »

I installed adblock plus on a tablet with Android V4.1.2.
It completely blocked the 'Play' app and I could not access the store.
So I deleted adblock and still could not get a 'Play' connection until I deleted the Google Account on the Tablet and re-created it.
But NOW my Google account says I have no devices and no amount of re-booting or updating any google apps will restore my device on the account - although everything else 'appears' to be working on the account.

So something in Adblock has definitely screwed up the google stuff.

Does anyone have any ideas how to correct this issue????
Doctor9fan

Post by Doctor9fan »

Have you restarted the tablet as I've found after removing abp on Kindle Fire HD that it will not access anything web related until I do?
pewe

Post by pewe »

Hi Doc,

Yes I have re-booted the Tablet a number of times.
I have also tried removing the Google account on the Tablet and adding it again.
I have logged out on the Tablet and signed in again.

The annoying thing is that everything on the Tablet syncs, ao everything else seems OK EXCEPT the registration of the device.

I know the device is compatible because before I installed ABP it was registered fine and I could install apps from the store on my Tablet remotely using the web browser on my PC - but no longer. :evil:
Pontiaku

Post by Pontiaku »

My tablet keeps appearing and disappearing...
May or may not be abp related. I've removed clean sweep and trustgo and I'm bypassing ABP.
If it reappears I'm going to leave apps alone and see if it disappears again.

(how does google expect us to track down a lost device if THEY just up and remove it from their device list?)
pewe

Post by pewe »

And the problem is compounded by them not making it easy to contact them to report any problems/ask any questions.

I reported a wrong positioning of a farm kids use a lot to learn about animals and farming.
After 10 e-mails and 6 months they replied saying thanks and they had now fixed it.

They moved it - but put it in another 'wrong' position despite my having given them the go-ordinates. They even confirmed the co-ordinates in their reply.
I gave up.
Doctor9fan

Post by Doctor9fan »

I've contacted them in the past via Twitter but reporting problems was mixed; sometimes I had a reply asking for more information while other time it was ignored.
Pontiaku

Post by Pontiaku »

Well it doesn't appear to be adblock causing the issue.
It was probably either Clean Sweep or TrustGo that's taking it off of Google Play randomly.
It's possible the Google Service Framework cache was being wiped.