Android - AdBlock plus app blocks Firefox & FB apps

Everything about using the stand-alone Adblock Plus app on Android
yohidoll

Android - AdBlock plus app blocks Firefox & FB apps

Post by yohidoll »

I was looking for some similar problems but they either font exist or I couldn't find them
Anyway, I'm using a non-rooted device Huawei ascend Y300 with 4.1.1 Android version.

Apparently all works fine after the installation.. without the facebook app and Firefox app.
The message on Firefox is "the proxy blocks the connection" . And the facebook error is only "there was a problem connection. error loading news feeds".
However the strange thing is after the installation Facebook app works fine, but if I open Firefox app, read the error message and then comes back to facebook.. it reapears in FB app. Finally if you unused the device for a few minutes, then fb app starts working fine again automatically (seems that fb app only crash when I try to use firefox)

ps. Only crash Facebook app, not the facebook message app.
efe

Re: Android - AdBlock plus app blocks Firefox & FB apps

Post by efe »

I have a similar problem with the süddeutsche.de app on a Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet. The error message says "requested page couldn't be found". After deactivating the Adblock Plus proxy everything works fine...
Doctor9fan

Post by Doctor9fan »

Same for me with Kindle Fire HD & the fb app, although on occasion I can access a few posts I find it'll only show recent posts, any with photos or older than an hour or so refuse to load, I ended up turning app off more times than not in order to get pages to load, this eventually messed up my Kindle as it became slow or had errors. I will not use it again as even the version from Amazon app store has these access problems.
thecodingbox

Post by thecodingbox »

same problem with me.
sometime firefox works sometimes its does not.
facebook never works with that port and proxy settings